• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

A "late" Amazing Spider-Man 95 with an exorbitant 15¢ cover price.

Criminal! :sumo:

Mark my words -- they're going to regret that raise!

This one fills a hole

:applause:

Thanks.

only 4 issues missing now between ASM 24 and 120.

Which ones ya need? :)

1-17, 20, 21, 24, 87, 92, 94, 100, 120-123, 134, 152 -- next one is 206, but I don't much care above #200. I did overspend (for me) on a nice 252.

41723-asm252.jpg

Except for 100 and 121-122, the missing ones above 24 are nothing really special. I'm not a high-grade collector (nor a collector of high-grade books) so just patiently wait until I find a copy for a few bucks.

I didn't realize until I picked one up that Marvel did a facsimile reprint of the old Spectacular Spider-Man magazine from 1968. It'll be fun to reread that one for a buck.

Jack

Edited by selegue

Yeah, I have a copy of the first issue. I bought it off eBay for $7.50 thinking I was getting a steal only to find out it's the reprint. The two looks almost exactly alike, and he angled the photo just in such a way that I couldn't see the difference. I haven't read it yet because I'm still annoyed over it.

And while I am also a low-grade collector, you do want to shell some dough out on the ASM 121-122 issues. I bought copies that are around a 6.5 - 7.0, and it's money I don't regreat spending in the least.

Yeah, I have a copy of the first issue. I bought it off eBay for $7.50 thinking I was getting a steal only to find out it's the reprint. The two looks almost exactly alike, and he angled the photo just in such a way that I couldn't see the difference. I haven't read it yet because I'm still annoyed over it.

Sounds like a sneaky ebay seller. If you post their ID, they'll lose lots of customers!

And while I am also a low-grade collector, you do want to shell some dough out on the ASM 121-122 issues. I bought copies that are around a 6.5 - 7.0, and it's money I don't regreat spending in the least.

"want to"?? No.

"have to" is more like it.

Jack

Hey all! Been a good week for my Spider-Man collection! I just picked these two up from ComicLink (first purchases from there)-- the ASM 20 for $20 and the ASM 26 for $7. Sorry for the front covers only, but that's all they show.

Listed as 1.0, but I wonder if it couldn't grade at a 1.5? OSGG says you can have up to 1/10 of the back cover off so... (shrug) If not though, it still has a high presentation.

ASM20.jpg

Listed as a 2.0- okay, seems good to me.

ASM26.jpg

Very nice Mac Man! What would you say that 20 grades out if it still had the missing piece in the top left corner? I know i would much rather own a book like that which presents nicely then a dog chewed copy which technically grades higher.

Very nice Mac Man! What would you say that 20 grades out if it still had the missing piece in the top left corner? I know i would much rather own a book like that which presents nicely then a dog chewed copy which technically grades higher.

I'm the exact opposite. That ASM 20 would drive me bonkers.

Though good deal on both.

Hey mac man, how was your experience with comiclink? Ive been wanting to buy from there for quite awhile but never went through with anything. Is it worth it? Also are there any buyers premium added to the sale price?

Ok-- check out was a little disappointing. If I hadn't got the 2.0 #26 (worth around $45) for a mere $7, I'd be pissed. Shipping was $14 and then they tacked on a 3.X % buyer's fee (which included the shipping cost raising it to $1.50 or so). So, basically, I spant $27 on the books, and around $16 in shipping and other fees. It still avereages out to 21.50 a book, but still.

It's an easy site to work with, and there were tons of books going well below guide/GPA, but I'd wait until you were going to buy a number of books to make it more worthwhile.

And Anfield, I'm looking at those 3 nice, sharp corners, what appears to be OW pages, very few noticeable spine stresses, and a crease free cover. Truthfully, I'm expecting it to be a 6.0 (Q) from what I'm seeing, and possibly better. But, I'll find out when I come home from vacation and it's waiting for me!

Forget about having the wife or girlfriend there when you buy your ASM#1 --- how about completing the whole ASM run totally behind the wife's back...............................................yeah, think about it.........

FISH (sneaky, very sneaky)

Hey mac man, how was your experience with comiclink? Ive been wanting to buy from there for quite awhile but never went through with anything. Is it worth it? Also are there any buyers premium added to the sale price?

I've had a friend or two saying they've had some issues with ComicLink mostly in the customer-service realm, not the books themselves. I think they're great! The seller pays 10% so that's part of the final purchase price...plus I've been able to get many books for about 2/3 the ask price (say $100 for a book asking $150) (but that has its own risks too, have put in 75% bids hoping for a deal only to check back a little later seeing someone paid the full ask price that I would have been happy to pay...)...

So all you pay is $14 for standard shipping and that's up to 3 books! I always try to buy in batches of 2 or 3 which saves up to $28 in shipping...and it's been my experience that if you communicate well, they'll always work with you say if you say you're bidding on others and want to pay for them all 2 weeks down the road...

Good luck!

Well, the buying process was easy enough. And I was really happy with being able to buy those two ASMs of mine for so cheap. I was a little put off with $14 for standard shipping for two books, but... considering the price, it's hard to be really unhappy, you know? Since I'm in Florida right now, I can't say how quickly the books actually shipped since they are probably waiting for me in the post office hold box. I'm not too keen on the idea of my comics sitting there for about two weeks, but what can you do? I'm just hoping they pack the books well-- I'll let you guys know how they come out when I get home.

But yeah, they had low-grades (which not all places do it seems) and nice prices.

...And I was really happy with being able to buy those two ASMs of mine for so cheap. ...

But yeah, they had low-grades (which not all places do it seems) and nice prices.

Cheap ASMs, you say?

Here's one from today's batch, Amazing Spider-Man 54, November 1967, in respectable very good to fine condition. Aunt May is naive, weakened and gravely ill, Peter is angst-ridden, John Romita is in good form, all for about $8. I ate this stuff up when I was a kid.

Jack

42280-asm54.jpg

...And I was really happy with being able to buy those two ASMs of mine for so cheap. ...

Cheap ASMs, you say?

Here's one from today's batch, Amazing Spider-Man 54, November 1967, in respectable very good to fine condition. Aunt May is naive, weakened and gravely ill, Peter is angst-ridden, John Romita is in good form, all for about $8. I ate this stuff up when I was a kid.

Jack

42280-asm54.jpg

Awesome looking book for the grade! $8...I need to shop where you're shopping.

:applause:

Cheap ASMs, you say?

Jack

42280-asm54.jpg

Yo... selegue. Hook me up. Where are you shopping these days. I mean 8 bucks!! :golfclap:

Cheap ASMs, you say?

Here's one from today's batch, Amazing Spider-Man 54, November 1967, in respectable very good to fine condition.... for about $8. I ate this stuff up when I was a kid.

Jack

42280-asm54.jpg

Yo... selegue. Hook me up. Where are you shopping these days. I mean 8 bucks!! :golfclap:

$8 includes a share of shipping for the lot! I was surprised to win an ASM for that price, but in fact I was even more pleased with the other books in the lot (posted all over the Silver forum).

I'm a very patient ebay shopper. I put in a modest snipe, walk away and don't look back until the auction closes. I lose way more auctions than I win, but I almost never regret the wins.

Jack