• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

My first foray into the Spidey collecting thread with a few Spideys I've picked up in the last couple of months:

A nice 27 and 29 from Brent at Quality Comics (also a 26 that I don't have scanned but I'll get around to adding):

Spidey27052_copy2.jpg

ASM29.jpg

A real sharp VF/NM 45 from Foolkiller and a VF 44 from Metropolis to pair with it:

ASM45.jpg

Spidey44051_copy2.jpg

:applause: classic cover... :cloud9:
That's the main reason I picked it up. The Mysterio covers are some of my favorites. I guess Mysterio is my favorite Spidey villain.

My favourite too!

Yeah, I'll be plenty happy when I can add ASM 13 to my collection- not only Mysterio's 1st, but probably his best cover going. Just a really good villain.

And nice to see some "new" Spidey fans coming over to our thread!-) It's a fun place. And Rtarturo, that is a sweet looking copy of 29 you have! Very nice!

Yeah, I'll be plenty happy when I can add ASM 13 to my collection- not only Mysterio's 1st, but probably his best cover going. Just a really good villain.

And nice to see some "new" Spidey fans coming over to our thread!-) It's a fun place. And Rtarturo, that is a sweet looking copy of 29 you have! Very nice!

Seems to me that I know someone with a sweet low grade copy... :baiting:

Edited by piper

Yeah, 66 is definitely a fine looking Mysterio cover! He just really lends himself to a really dramatic cover. I'm a fan to say the least ;)

I've heard rumors of this person with a low-grade copy. I've also heard he lives in a cave in Alabama with his piles of Spider-Man comics. :grin:

Yeah, 66 is definitely a fine looking Mysterio cover! He just really lends himself to a really dramatic cover. I'm a fan to say the least ;)

I've heard rumors of this person with a low-grade copy. I've also heard he lives in a cave in Alabama with his piles of Spider-Man comics. :grin:

lol He may live a little further North than that!

My first foray into the Spidey collecting thread with a few Spideys I've picked up in the last couple of months:

A nice 27 and 29 from Brent at Quality Comics (also a 26 that I don't have scanned but I'll get around to adding):

Spidey27052_copy2.jpg

ASM29.jpg

A real sharp VF/NM 45 from Foolkiller and a VF 44 from Metropolis to pair with it:

ASM45.jpg

Spidey44051_copy2.jpg

WELCOME!!!!! Nice start!

ASM#29 -- This is just an amazing cover!!! I remember upgrading this book 3 times until I got a sweet VF: 8.0 copy. This book and a book like #33 are just worth spending the $$ to get a nice copy of because the covers are so awesome IMO.

FISH

Edited by fishbone

:news: Might have a lead on one of my grails. It's definitely a "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" pedigree, but a copy of my grail nonetheless. I'll keep you guys posted. (thumbs u

:wishluck: have a scan?

SA ASM Collectors-

Do you have Strange Tales Annual #2 in your collection/ wishlist? With Stan writing, Jack Kirby penciling, and Steve Ditko inking, it sure seems like a must. What's the general consensus?

(And no, I'm personally not looking to buy one anytime soon. I have a fun uber low-grade grail I'm looking at, and a key from Piper).

SA ASM Collectors-

Do you have Strange Tales Annual #2 in your collection/ wishlist? With Stan writing, Jack Kirby penciling, and Steve Ditko inking, it sure seems like a must. What's the general consensus?

(And no, I'm personally not looking to buy one anytime soon. I have a fun uber low-grade grail I'm looking at, and a key from Piper).

I consider this an important issue. It is part of the continuity as you will see it mentioned in ASM #18 when the Torch wants to meet with Spiderman at the Statue of Liberty.

The only negative which isn't a negative really is that I don't like Kirby's renditions of Spiderman. But hey, Ditko is there and it's a very early appearance!!!

I say, yes, it's an important issue and to go for it!!!! 2c

A definite must (if affordable)

Marvel's Top 3 Talents working

on Marvel's Flagship Heroes.

Cover fascinating due to recent interest in error comics by many collectors.

Great subject and scan Mac Man.

Cortez

SA ASM Collectors-

It's the 4th apperance of Spider-Man coming out just before issue 3.

It's a must have.

I can sell you one cheap. :whistle: