• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

the reasons i have for wanting to own AF#15 are different. it was the first comic my dad bought when it came out. he sold it when i was 8 (1980). i never saw the issue.

when i was about 4 i remeber going downstairs late one night to find my dad sorting his comics into piles but i wasnt allowed to touch the older ones.

if i ever did get a copy it would be like filling that hole that ive felt since i first realised what this comic was. its unlikely i will ever get it but you never know...

the reasons i have for wanting to own AF#15 are different. it was the first comic my dad bought when it came out. he sold it when i was 8 (1980). i never saw the issue.

when i was about 4 i remeber going downstairs late one night to find my dad sorting his comics into piles but i wasnt allowed to touch the older ones.

if i ever did get a copy it would be like filling that hole that ive felt since i first realised what this comic was. its unlikely i will ever get it but you never know...

:o:sumo::tonofbricks::boo:

:o:sumo::tonofbricks::boo:

thats only the half of it - the guy he sold it to borrowed 57 keys and they were never returned...

I had a guy who used to badger me to death and I finally, regrettably, sold him ASM 1-50 for $65 in 1971, my sophomore year in high school. Then he "borrowed" about 20 books from me awhile later and I never heard from him again... :o:tonofbricks:

its tragic isnt it! i cant begin to wonder what those books would be worth now.

asm 1 -10; avengers 1-10; xmen1-10, and so on :boo:

I had a guy who used to badger me to death and I finally, regrettably, sold him ASM 1-50 for $65 in 1971, my sophomore year in high school. Then he "borrowed" about 20 books from me awhile later and I never heard from him again... :o:tonofbricks:
I was born in '71 :banana:

I was four years old then, pondering the notion that a then-newborn on the scene would be--37 years later--scarfing up all the HG ASMs. :kidaround:

I was born in '71 :banana:

I was four years old then, pondering the notion that a then-newborn on the scene would be--37 years later--scarfing up all the HG ASMs. :kidaround:

:headbang:

Grinder doesn't have them all yet. Men...keep a tight hold on your high grade ASM, grinder is lurking. Man the barricades, lock your doors, ah....sharpen your forks.

as62.jpg

as36.jpg

AS47.jpg

:whatthe:

Sweet copies. Stay away, Grinder man. :naughty:

Grinder doesn't have them all yet. Men...keep a tight hold on your high grade ASM, grinder is lurking. Man the barricades, lock your doors, ah....sharpen your forks.

as62.jpg

as36.jpg

AS47.jpg

:whatthe:

Sweet copies. Stay away, Grinder man. :naughty:

Oh those are nice specimans! :headbang:

as62.jpg

best...Spidey...cover...ever :cloud9:

as62.jpg

best...Spidey...cover...ever :cloud9:

that is a very cool copy, nice books Dave.....whats you favorite Spidey cover?

Fav. ASM cover is pretty tough. 62 is probably the sexiest. I do like 14 and 100 tho...

I finally picked myself up a nice #100 a few weeks ago from comicwiz:

asm100cgc85.jpg

I agree it's a cool cover. One that I'd been looking for a nice (yet affordable) example for several months.

My personal favourite cover is #59, for some unknown reason. So far I've only got reading copies of that one. One day I'd like a nice 9.0++