• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,490 posts in this topic

If your patient, 6.0s - 7.5s can be great buys.

I agree, I generally aim for the better presented lower grade copies. These can represent great VFM. Personally I always buy the book, NEVER the label, then I don't usually regret what I have bought. Its a simple philosophy but it works for me. No doubt if I had the funds I would be buying the best copy I possibly could, and then label chasing would come into it. Until the day comes when the Lottery God smiles on me I will have to pursue these types of examples.

Here's another that arrived with the #19 :cloud9:

As with the #19, I haven't decided to whether to crack it yet hm

1964ASM010-192-Copy.jpg

Edited by Bluetooth

I agree, I generally aim for the better presented lower grade copies. These can represent great VFM. Personally I always buy the book, NEVER the label, then I don't usually regret what I have bought. Its a simple philosophy but it works for me. No doubt if I had the funds I would be buying the best copy I possibly could, and then label chasing would come into it. Until the day comes when the Lottery God smiles on me I will have to pursue these types of examples.

1964ASM010-192-Copy.jpg

XLNT copy! And with perfect centering...a rare copy with both the L (in LEARN) and the full CCA box on the FC! :headbang:

1964ASM010-192-Copy.jpg

XLNT copy! And with perfect centering...a rare copy with both the L (in LEARN) and the full CCA box on the FC! :headbang:

I also noticed that, guess I lucked out with this one :)

1964ASM010-192-Copy.jpg

Nice copy. Is that a book you submitted or did you buy it already graded?

1964ASM010-192-Copy.jpg

Nice copy. Is that a book you submitted or did you buy it already graded?

Already slabbed (thumbs u

A few of my 09x serial numbers have been easy upgrades. Def a good grading period. (thumbs u

Thanks for the tip. I just checked and it was graded in June 2008. I think you are correct, I was submitting a lot in 2008 and it was a very tight period.

A few of my 09x serial numbers have been easy upgrades. Def a good grading period. (thumbs u

Thanks for the tip. I just checked and it was graded in June 2008. I think you are correct, I was submitting a lot in 2008 and it was a very tight period.

I have had two get a full grade bump. 7.5 to 8.5 and 7.0 to 8.0, I think I have one or two more that look "under graded" compared to todays grading. I dont feel like rolling the dice on those and sending them in the mail though lol.