• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

here's one of my high grades:spidey7new.jpg

VERY NICE!! :headbang:

.... I have probably re-read this issue of ASM more than any other..... I just love it........ GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Great book, Tom!

+1. Love it ! And you only paid 90.00 I see !

You noticed that Bob...yeah sweet deal...for someone else about 20 years ago... :insane:lol

Thanks for all the nice comments and general appreciation. Believe me...when Clay Fraser here on the boards gave me an opportunity to buy this book I was on Cloud 9 :cloud9:

It's funny, some books are just hard to come by and occasionaly you find them on other sites (other than here on the boards) but I won't bid on Pedigree or Heritage so that pretty much leaves me with CLINK and Metropolis/comicconnect and the grapevine...I don't go to Cons pretty much so when you get an opportunity to get an iconic book such as this in the grade you're after it's pretty sweet... :headbang:

So the blurry scan I had to go from still looked like this book would be hitting on all of my OCD aspects of grade and presentation etc. And the colors looked spectacular. But even as the scan does it quite some justice I was pretty blown away by the colors in hand when this book arrived yesterday. Just eye-popping...wish I had more opportunities to share my books in hand with fellow-boardies. Except for the fuzzy top spine corner and the little CB crease at the bottom right corner this book probably grades out 9.2...

Needless to say I am the new happy shephard/guardian of this book moving into the future...I couldn't be happier or more proud... :headbang:

Edited by trmoore54

Great book, Tom!

+1. Love it ! And you only paid 90.00 I see !

You noticed that Bob...yeah sweet deal...for someone else about 20 years ago... :insane:lol

Thanks for all the nice comments and general appreciation. Believe me...when Clay Fraser here on the boards gave me an opportunity to buy this book I was on Cloud 9 :cloud9:

It's funny, some books are just hard to come by and occasionaly you find them on other sites (other than here on the boards) but I won't bid on Pedigree or Heritage so that pretty much leaves me with CLINK and Metropolis/comicconnect and the grapevine...I don't go to Cons pretty much so when you get an opportunity to get an iconic book such as this in the grade you're after it's pretty sweet... :headbang:

So the blurry scan I had to go from still looked like this book would be hitting on all of my OCD aspects of grade and presentation etc. And the colors looked spectacular. But even as the scan does it quite some justice I was pretty blown away by the colors in hand when this book arrived yesterday. Just eye-popping...wish I had more opportunities to share my books in hand with fellow-boardies. Except for the fuzzy top spine corner and the little CB crease at the bottom right corner this book probably grades out 9.2...

Needless to say I am the new happy shephard/guardian of this book moving into the future...I couldn't be happier or more proud... :headbang:

Not surprised that you're the owner of this one, Tom. What a gorgeous copy. :cloud9:

will always be the high-water mark for my enjoyment of comic-reading; i was breathless as a little boy when i grabbed 33 off the rack and read those glorious pages.

I so wish i could have read marvel age books off the rack. Must be good memories. So much value packed into those 10-15 cent books! The experience you just noted any many others like is the reason they are so coveted today!

Very nice copy of #31. One of my favorite covers :applause:
!

Thanks! I have grown more fond of it over time.

Owned a VG range copy for years and i really couldn't appreciate that cover with its creasing. This is one book that really stands out in higher grades.

31 is a superb cover! nice copy, sir.

On various threads and I can recall on at least one specific Best Spidey cover polls 31 would get pretty slammed...not a lot of love...but I have always loved this cover... :cloud9:

In HG the red just screams...better than 50 for me (I know that will be blasphemy for some) :insane: