• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

I love 29. Has that classic "I don't believe in false modesty(JJJ).... or any other kind(PP) "exchange. Although Parker just thinks his reply cause its his boss its classic stuff.

I actually had a boss once that had a lot of JJJ's traits! needless to say it was miserable working for him. Just that classic old school blow hard who doesn't really care about anybody else, maintains his public image and thinks hiw own **** doesn't stink.

MATCH THE QUOTE TO THE BOOK GAME :idea:

"....nothing, baby, for at least an hour".

....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

29 ain't too shabby, imo.

asm29.jpg

Both #20 and #29 have always been favorites of mine. I could never understand why the Scorpion wasn't used again until #144 (I believe). Great villain with a great look, and some of the best SA Spidey stories.

29 is a great cover.

And here's my 20 (label not in pick, but it's 8.5):

Spidey20_zpsc976994d.jpeg

very nice. important book to have in high grade because the the green,blue, and light grey background colors really tend to sour in the lower grades and make it harder to appreciate just how great a cover this is.

Both #20 and #29 have always been favorites of mine. I could never understand why the Scorpion wasn't used again until #144 (I believe). Great villain with a great look, and some of the best SA Spidey stories.

He didn't appear in ASM again until #145, but he did have some appearances prior to that in both Captain America & Daredevil comics.

I agree with everyone that ASM 20 & 29 were both excellent reads. Some nice copies being shown here.

I didn't have these handy when I posted my raw 20 the other day.

As many around here know, The Scorpion is my favorite villain.

I'm also sneaking in some OA I have from Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man 21. If anyone has any leads on more pages....

a0z0nn.jpg

2eprnzs.jpg

35jasnr.jpg

22e07s.jpg

hv6nt3.jpg

28a02gm.jpg

Jeff,

Great looking books and very nice collection of OA. Good luck with the hunt for the rest of SS 21.

I didn't have these handy when I posted my raw 20 the other day.

As many around here know, The Scorpion is my favorite villain.

I'm also sneaking in some OA I have from Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man 21. If anyone has any leads on more pages....

a0z0nn.jpg

2eprnzs.jpg

35jasnr.jpg

22e07s.jpg

hv6nt3.jpg

28a02gm.jpg

pete to betty with jjj webbed up?

^^ .........ASM 7...........JJJ's mouth webbed shut :roflmao:

.... and Pete putting his first move on the beautiful Betty Brant...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Here i go again. Seemed like just yesterday i was posting white paged 7.0 here.

ASM%2039_zpsiijui7bw.jpg

Gorgeous book sir.

I still need one in my boxes. :baiting:

Such a great book. I may actually consider sending mine in for re-holder when the new slabs come out. The colors really pop on a nice HG copy of this book. Current slab dulls them a bit.

Newest addition

2b33o5.jpg

Nice. Never understood the "hate" that people have for this one. I always thought it was one of the better early stories.

I love this issue. It is a little like reading a novel though(for a comic book). Ever take a minute to look through this book at how much dialogue and narrative it contains? its a little heavy on the wording for the average comic book. Maybe thats why some don't like it I think it takes a little extra effort to get through.

I love the green background on the front cover and this copy looks very clean and unspoiled so the green with bright colors in the foreground look very vibrant.