• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

Very interesting to have TWO high-grade pence Spidey mega-keys in the same auction, but then again, a lot of the big-boy books were in play today.  Incredible auction.  

The Amazing Spider-Man #1 CGC 8.5 UK price variant OW/W sold for 84K on Heritage today, way ahead of the January sale of the cents 8.5 OW/W that sold for 66K on Heritage and even surpassing the comic-boom's all-time high for any 8.5 at $72K.  The 8.5 pence is the single-highest graded.    

The AF15 UKPV 6.5 OW (not the very top of pence census--there are two 7.0s above it--but close) sold for $84K today (way up from 2016 sale for $16.7K). Decent but still shy of the $104K for the cents 6.5 OW/W that sold in January. 

Edited by Pantodude

On 4/5/2024 at 12:18 PM, Straw-Man said:

if you're gonna be geeky enuff to have a "every single s.a. spidey app." run, you need this.  i like it.

asm1GRR.jpg

I got mine waaaaaaaaay back when.  I wasn't sure I'd ever get a shot at an ASM #1 so I figured I'd at least have that.  Mine is a solid 7.5 (not graded yet), and I recommend searching one out too!  

On 4/6/2024 at 8:39 AM, Webhead2018 said:

I wish I could afford a af15 asm 1 asm 2. Oldest I have is a whipped 3. But the others even low grade are so far from what I could afford.

I just sold a qualified #7 for not too much, and it only had that grade because it was trimmed.  I have a reasonable #16 that needs to make it into a sale thread one of these days too.  Affordable copies are out there!  

Oh I sure there is. I just haven't seen any at my lcs stores. Or the shows I go too. Plus I know how pricey a lot of the early silver Spidey is. And with that. I know I am priced out of them. Unless I won the lotto lol.

On 4/7/2024 at 9:45 AM, Straw-Man said:

careful flaming on, johnny!

That's the reason the early issues showed Johnny just standing around while on fire. He was a Human bathroom candle!