• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

14,135 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this unusual circumstance. Ive sent the last dozen or so books to CCS for cleaning and pressing . Side note I’m yet to receive any grade bump all grades on reholdered presses etc have come back same . Anyways this particular book Fantastic Four 6 was raw . Never graded cleaned or pressed . It was in tact and I visually graded this at 4-5.0. I just got notice it received a universal 3.0 with detached cover notice .

This comic was 100% in tact and not detached I’m very bummed out about this . I feel like the damage was done at CCS or CGC not sure what can be done now.

Anyone have anything they can share . I’ll post picture of raw . Graded book is on its way . 

38E0D949-86C7-4B76-A877-D44431FC4B8A.jpeg

On 5/14/2022 at 8:22 PM, Morganmi said:

So my lcs got this book the other day and I usually act as the owners second eyes when pricing books.(gives me first dibs on the new stuff.) :bigsmile:. This one almost made me cry though. :facepalm:

Almost bought it because he's decided to price it as coverless and I don't have one but just couldn't do it. :frustrated:

20220507_140718.jpg

Man the photoshop possibilities are endless!

On 5/14/2022 at 8:22 PM, Morganmi said:

So my lcs got this book the other day and I usually act as the owners second eyes when pricing books.(gives me first dibs on the new stuff.) :bigsmile:. This one almost made me cry though. :facepalm:

Almost bought it because he's decided to price it as coverless and I don't have one but just couldn't do it. :frustrated:

20220507_140718.jpg

What was he asking for that?

Buy it. 

I used to own a Showcase 4 where The Flash had been cut out of the cover. Someone had then simply taped a reprint image in place, and it looked passable. I was very pleased with it, considering what I paid. Books like that can be livable place holders for those with a high low-grade tolerance.