• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

14,027 posts in this topic

On 5/15/2022 at 9:35 AM, KirbyJack said:

Buy it. 

I used to own a Showcase 4 where The Flash had been cut out of the cover. Someone had then simply taped a reprint image in place, and it looked passable. I was very pleased with it, considering what I paid. Books like that can be livable place holders for those with a high low-grade tolerance.

Hmm it's $175. Seriously thinking about getting it now. The reprint idea has me intrigued. If I decide I don't want it are you interested MattTheDuck?

Edited by Morganmi

On 5/15/2022 at 11:19 AM, Morganmi said:

Hmm it's $175. Seriously thinking about getting it now. The reprint idea has me intrigued. If I decide I don't want it are you interested MattTheDuck?

Probably not at that price.  I was mostly just curious.  An 0.5 (incomplete) is $50 on GPA, and this is a pretty egregious incomplete.

On 5/15/2022 at 12:06 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Probably not at that price.  I was mostly just curious.  An 0.5 (incomplete) is $50 on GPA, and this is a pretty egregious incomplete.

That’s a weird GPA result since the last 0.5 at heritage was $456.00. And one missing three pages (including story pages) went for $417.68 on eBay last November. $175 sounds like a steal by comparison.

It’s been at least four years since the last 0.5 closed under $120.

On 5/15/2022 at 3:19 PM, lighthouse said:

That’s a weird GPA result since the last 0.5 at heritage was $456.00. And one missing three pages (including story pages) went for $417.68 on eBay last November. $175 sounds like a steal by comparison.

It’s been at least four years since the last 0.5 closed under $120.

The last 0.5 incomplete GPA went for around 200 last March but it had some pages missing not story related. It also had tape attaching the cover/first pages and somehow managed a universal label. That seems to be the lowest of the incomplete blue label 0.5. The other recent ones but without tape, just pages missing were ~400 give or take. There is significant difference between early and late 2021 though. 

Edited by MGsimba77
Correcting tape attachments

Yea on Ebay sold there is a raw coverless that went for $152 and a Voldy .03 coverless that went for $275 so I think he's basing the price on that. This copy has a very small peice cut out of the letters page and the obvious FC defect but that's it. 

Funny how they share the same cover writing, though from different countries. One might think it's the only logical window, but I would have written a new price under the old one, since the viewers eye is going there anyway :makepoint:

@Pantodude Any idea what A.7. means?

Edited by MR SigS
Tagging...

On 5/19/2022 at 2:21 PM, MR SigS said:

Happy 19th.

I waited too long to get this, so I'll have to be content with it (I can do it).

vJX1x12h.jpg

I hope you didn't pay that 5 cent price written on the cover.  Sure, it's a discount from the 12 cents cover price, but still, CLEARLY that comic has already been read.  (tsk)

On 5/19/2022 at 12:35 PM, fantastic_four said:

I hope you didn't pay that 5 cent price written on the cover.  Sure, it's a discount from the 12 cents cover price, but still, CLEARLY that comic has already been read.  (tsk)

Much more, but it looked VF until I read it. :facepalm:

I really, really liked it !! 

On 5/19/2022 at 2:57 PM, MR SigS said:

Funny how they share the same cover writing, though from different countries. One might think it's the only logical window, but I would have written a new price under the old one, since the viewers eye is going there anyway :makepoint:

@Pantodude Any idea what A.7. means?

Dont know about the A7.  And these books are not from different countries.  My pence came off the same press and at the same time as the cents.  Just set aside for shipment to the UK (w/ pence on cover to facilitate sale there), so it's the exact same book and called a "price variant".  Until they figured out decades later that they could put the US, CAN, and UK price all together in the same price box.   (thumbsu  

No different, really, than the Marvel 35-cent price variants (in terms of production), even have the same relative scarcity compared to the regular cents book!  

Edited by Pantodude
omited BA book pic

On 5/19/2022 at 1:49 PM, Pantodude said:

Dont know about the A7.  And these books are not from different countries.  My pence came off the same press and at the same time as the cents.  Just set aside for shipment to the UK (w/ pence on cover to facilitate sale there), so it's the exact same book and called a "price variant".  Until they figured out decades later that they could put the US, CAN, and UK price all together in the same price box.   (thumbsu  

No different, really, than the Marvel 35-cent price variants (in terms of production), even have the same relative scarcity compared to the regular cents book!  

Yes, I know. I said the writings are from different countries.