• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,712 posts in this topic

So you bought them… :applause:

#61-67 are an absolute must-have, then one can stop even if it would be great to stretch up to #102. ;)

so I need 66 & 67, eh?

That goes for sure, if anything for the fact the story unfolds all the way through them: starting with the Sandman slipping in in #61, Blastaar joining the fun in #62 up to #63 – a little vacation on a desert island only to be life-threatened by the Kree Sentry in #64 (discovering there are other ancient not-exactly-friendly civilizations beside the Skrulls) – not a minute to breathe back home in #65 where a disturbing "shared" nightmare reveals that you’ve been sentenced to death by the Kree Supreme intelligence (via the courteous judgement of Ronan nonetheless).

And in the meanwhile a mysterious figure, gliding through walls, has decided that Alicia's sculpting skills are required elsewere… go figure where?

We'll discover it in #66 and #67, then hopefully we can have some rest. :P

Yes, I’d say you need them. ;)

1-67 it shall be.

..... they were the last issues where Kirby pulled out all the stops. I would daresay that it was around this time that Kirby started realizing that he was never going to get to the next level with Marvel and started going through the motions. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yeah, Kirby was incapable of producing a "bad" comic..... he just turned off the "Idea Spigot" ...... and some mighty good material was still to be had. The Mole Man's house, Torrgo, etc...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Agree.

After 67, it's mostly a long string of robots and re-runs for the FF. Brilliantly done robots and re-runs, of course. Not to bad mouth those issues; in many ways that's my favorite era of Fantastic Four.

There is still the highlight of the gangster planet arc, and Torgo (#91-93). That is great, and fully reflects an environment well known to Jack, from which he was very inspired.

(thumbs u