• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,712 posts in this topic

To answer the question about the FF #4 from above, I'm looking at a 9.0, but I have to see the copy in person before moving forward...probably in August sometime.

:wishluck:

Dan

It‘s enough pretty if you ask me, especially for that grade. :cloud9:

Seriously. Is something wrong with it, or are you just being a grade snob?

not at all a grade snob in g.a., but i am trying to get my little ff 1-60 run as nice as I can. i'll stick with a couple mid-grade books in the 1 & 5 for budgetary reasons, but would like a higher-grade 4.

ff1.jpg

ff5.jpg

not at all a grade snob in g.a., but i am trying to get my little ff 1-60 run as nice as I can. i'll stick with a couple mid-grade books in the 1 & 5 for budgetary reasons, but would like a higher-grade 4.

ff5.jpg

Maybe it's just that particular picture, but your FF #4 in 4.5 looks WAY better to me than the 5.0 #5. I'll gladly enter the running for your undercopy when you upgrade! :D

ff1.jpg

ff5.jpg

That is such a beautiful FF 1 (worship)

ff5.jpg

Maybe it's just that particular picture, but your FF #4 in 4.5 looks WAY better to me than the 5.0 #5. I'll gladly enter the running for your undercopy when you upgrade! :D

f.s. in the market it will surely go, should the upgrade happen.

Just grabbed this as it looked like a good deal. This issue was my very first early FF issue that I bought as a kid.

comic%20191_zpshmofqbgu.jpeg

I love the 7. Only early FF cover that Kirby drew and inked. Not to mention his own self portrait on the billboard sign (Reed Richards). The 7 still has the pre hero Atlas monster/Sci Fi feel to it. :)

We have already discussed the awesomeness of the #7 in other occasions. :cloud9:

I would add that more than a simple "self-portrait" of Jack, the Reed Richards on the cover is a blending between the classic features of Reed and Jack's features. Susan is also somewhat unusual.

The splash page… :cloud9: