• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,720 posts in this topic

That's a superb copy there for color -- was that on Metro's site a while back?  I remember drooling over it.

It's hard to find a kind of 'clean' light blue on the covers of FF 13 and JIM 83.  Easy to become muddled or grey depending on a zillion factors. 

I used to own the White Mountain #13 (9.2) but eventually sold it because I didn't love the color vibrancy.  Now I'm still waiting for the right copy to come around...I won't hold my breath!  :cry::wishluck:

Just now, KirbyJack said:

Good to know!

There is an issue of Marvel Age with features dedicated to Brodsky, which came out when the died in the 1980s. It’s great and full of information.
For example, all our beloved and most cherished logos (today we’d say "visual identity") of Fantastic Four, Avengers and also Amazing Spider-Man IIRC, are due to him. :)
Both versions of the FF one, maybe even the "fatter" version used after #100.

9 hours ago, Drummy said:

That's a superb copy there for color -- was that on Metro's site a while back?  I remember drooling over it.

It's hard to find a kind of 'clean' light blue on the covers of FF 13 and JIM 83.  Easy to become muddled or grey depending on a zillion factors. 

I used to own the White Mountain #13 (9.2) but eventually sold it because I didn't love the color vibrancy.  Now I'm still waiting for the right copy to come around...I won't hold my breath!  :cry::wishluck:

Thank you!  I bought this copy on ComicLink in their August auction.