• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,700 posts in this topic

Nice OO book! :headbang:

Thanks. One of only a handful left. This is not OO, but one of my favorite FF covers.

FF36.jpg

I love that cover as well but when you go back to these things and bring some critical focus you wonder why Johnny Storm can't see that baddies at the window at least out of his peripheral... lol

Then perhaps we can suspend a little more belief in general...we are talking about comic books with super-heros and super-villians... (shrug)

Thanks. One of only a handful left. This is not OO, but one of my favorite FF covers.

FF36.jpg

I love that cover as well but when you go back to these things and bring some critical focus you wonder why Johnny Storm can't see that baddies at the window at least out of his peripheral... lol

Then perhaps we can suspend a little more belief in general...we are talking about comic books with super-heros and super-villians... (shrug)

Not only that. How is Thing's arms going through the glass window? hm

Still a neat cover.

FF36.jpg

Still a neat cover.

And what does SandMan hope to accomplish by infiltrating small grains of sand through the window seal??? :insane:

FF36.jpg

Still a neat cover.

And what does SandMan hope to accomplish by infiltrating small grains of sand through the window seal??? :insane:

OK, guys, I'll be Smilin' Stan for a moment:

The window that Thing is standing in front of is open.

Johnny's distracted by the witty conversation with Reed and Sue.

Sandman will eventually get his entire body through the window seal and he will re-materialize within the FFs fortress.

Now, with those nagging issues resolved, answer me this: what is anchoring Medusa's hair so that she and the Trapster don't go plunging to their deaths on the streets below?

The Fright-Copter.

This is really interesting...I couldn't remember so I just went and looked it up...according to Caption 1, Page 13 Madame Medusa is lowering herself from the roof! The Frightful Four landed some type of hovercraft on the roof and then proceeded to head down to their apartment...

Which doesn't jive at all with the cover which shows Medusa descending from above the roof line (artistic license in play here...)...but still doesn't make sense physically as the Baxter Building has a flush parapet roof style with no overhangs...so how does she get several feet away from the building unless her hair heads out from the building and then takes a 90 and heads down...now that's some structural hair! lol

Edited by trmoore54

Just in today! :banana:

ff2.jpg

ff7.jpg

ff14.jpg

:o OMG!!!!!! Incredible haul. That #2 is gorgeous!!! #7 very underated and the #14 features my favorite character. Just some beautiful books. I am totally jealous.

A super "congrats" to you, Steve. Were these auction buys? Did you purchase raw and slab? What's the story on these "fantastic" books? — Rick

(worship)(worship)(worship)

ff2.jpg

ff7.jpg

ff14.jpg

:o OMG!!!!!! Incredible haul. That #2 is gorgeous!!! #7 very underated and the #14 features my favorite character. Just some beautiful books. I am totally jealous.

A super "congrats" to you, Steve. Were these auction buys? Did you purchase raw and slab? What's the story on these "fantastic" books? — Rick

BTW, Just looking again and that #2 is just stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ff2.jpg

ff7.jpg

ff14.jpg

CHA-CHING! Dude...you are layin out some serious coin and now have the books to prove it...We need details...inquiring minds gotstaknow!!! :sumo:

(P.S. Your #2 9.0 looks almost as nice as my 6.0... :devil: )