• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,812 posts in this topic

Since I don't have a scanner that can handle slabs I won't wait until my 2 wins from Clink arrive. These 2 books are the beginning of my CGC upgrade of my raw collection. My pockets are pretty shallow so I quickly realized I could not swim in the same seas as the big spenders and the Rocky Mountain books were out of my reach. Not that I really care about the 'pedigree' as it's not recognized by CGC. I think the non Rocky Mountain books were ignored to a degree and I got the 60 at GPA and the 76 well under GPA.

ff60clink.jpg

ff76clink.jpg

You should see my #11.... :grin:

:gossip:

And you had the nerve to call ME a :censored:ing showoff! :roflmao:

Not back yet....will do though when it is!

:pullhair:

Should have it back today.... 9.0 blue label...yippee!!!!

Steve

THAT is impressive....can't wait to see it.Very tough in high grade. I was just looking on the census and noticed that a 9.6 FF 13 has been added. The FF run has some toughies.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. The 11 is one of the few left that has no copies above 9.4 , along with the 2,3,5,7,and 12.

What a great book!!! (worship)

Just came in!!! Here it is.... :banana:

ff11.jpg

Since I don't have a scanner that can handle slabs I won't wait until my 2 wins from Clink arrive. These 2 books are the beginning of my CGC upgrade of my raw collection. My pockets are pretty shallow so I quickly realized I could not swim in the same seas as the big spenders and the Rocky Mountain books were out of my reach. Not that I really care about the 'pedigree' as it's not recognized by CGC. I think the non Rocky Mountain books were ignored to a degree and I got the 60 at GPA and the 76 well under GPA.

ff60clink.jpg

ff76clink.jpg

Nice books indeed!!!...60 white pages :cloud9:

Steve

Nobody has anything new to post from the recent auctions? I don't have any books officially here yet so I won't post till I have them in hand. How about some more FF love????

Hey, Steve. I really wanted either the FF 15 or 16 (9.2 whites!!) in the CL auction, but in the end, just couldn't pull the trigger. I did pick up a #37 in the Heritage auction. It hasn't arrived yet, but here is their scan. Overpaid for sure, but tuff in high grade. I think you also have a nice copy (except yours has those ugly white pages :baiting:.

ff.jpg

Interesting, my brother's name is Steve. You're not him, are you? :hi:

If you ever come up this way, shoot me a PM.

— Rick

ff60clink.jpg

ff76clink.jpg

Those are both beautys! (thumbs u

I've always loved the #60 with Thing and Doom going head to head in battle.

Nobody has anything new to post from the recent auctions? I don't have any books officially here yet so I won't post till I have them in hand. How about some more FF love????

Hey, Steve. I really wanted either the FF 15 or 16 (9.2 whites!!) in the CL auction, but in the end, just couldn't pull the trigger. I did pick up a #37 in the Heritage auction. It hasn't arrived yet, but here is their scan. Overpaid for sure, but tuff in high grade. I think you also have a nice copy (except yours has those ugly white pages :baiting:.

ff.jpg

— Rick

Hey Rick, you outbid me on that FF37... :mad: BUT glad it went to another collector!!! I am actually missing the 37 but still working on it :grin:

If I do come up that way will definitely let you know (thumbs u

ff.jpg

— Rick

Hey Rick, you outbid me on that FF37... :mad: BUT glad it went to another collector!!! I am actually missing the 37 but still working on it :grin:

If I do come up that way will definitely let you know (thumbs u

We could probably save some $$ if we discussed out bids and decided what each of us would bid on.

Good idea.

I'm really wanting a #6 in 9.0 or so, ow/w or better, so don't bid on any that come up for auction. I think that is a very underrated book. Thoughts?

Um I actually need a 6 myself so let the bidding begin!!! We can talk about one when it does show up. It would look nice with my 2,7 and 11 for now :grin:

Steve

Okay here's my CL auction winnings (sorry for the BA book :sorry: , but it's a pretty copy! :grin:

Got it for $750, way under GPA :banana:

FF4.jpg

Rocky Mountain

FF42ROCKY.jpg

Much more affordable than $12K :whatthe:

FF50.jpg

Firelake copy - The single best FF issue ever written :sumo:

FF51Firelake.jpg

Another Rocky Mountain

FF86Rocky.jpg

NIcer than the Western Penn copy I used to have...

FF87.jpg

I like this cover (and the PQ)

FF97.jpg

Actually pizzed about this one as I didn't pay attention to the PQ :doh:

IFF98COW.jpg

And my last Rocky Mountain...

FF129Rocky.jpg

All in all - not bad. A little more $ than I thought, as I was assuming I wouldn't win the #50 the way the 9.4 copy was going, but I am pleased with the results :golfclap:

Edited by djpinkpanther67

If we had preplanned the bidding and prepicked what each of us had bid on we could have saved a lot of money. The opposite of shilling. My ethics radar is beeping.

Yeah but there is more than just us on the Boards bidding on these...Besides, I had told Steve I was going for that book :baiting: , and even announced it on the boards...TWICE

If we had preplanned the bidding and prepicked what each of us had bid on we could have saved a lot of money. The opposite of shilling. My ethics radar is beeping.

Yeah but there is more than just us on the Boards bidding on these...Besides, I had told Steve I was going for that book :baiting: , and even announced it on the boards...TWICE

Yep and I actually backed off and didn't put in a higher bid for it. I am sure my 9.0 copy will come along some day, I am in no hurry....

Steve