• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,717 posts in this topic

Great looking books!!!! Seems like you're making real head way on your FF collection. What issues do you still need to pick up?

TO many... :(

But I am in no hurry....yeah right....

Steve

Just goes to show...contrary to popular belief...a 9.0 run of FF in 9.0 cannot be put together in a couple months, even if you have the money.J.I.M. 83-95 also fits that category.The first 3 Hulks in 9.0 would also be time consuming.That's what makes it fun.GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Here is the 13....not real happy with it but its still a 9.0 Just don't like the dirt/tanning/dust shadow around the top edge and side....

ff13.jpg

On a positive note...it is perfectly centered.FF 13 is notorious for being off centered and mis-cut.Out of all 3 copies recently offered at auction...the Clink 8.5 was the nicest of the bunch. If the spine dimple could have been pressed out it probably could have been resubbed for a 9.0.If I had won it I probably would have left it alone....but I can understand your focus on 9.0...that really is the separating point on early FF's...very tough at that level.GOD BLESS...

ff18.jpg

NICE....A copy with Reed's full foot showing at the bottom and the full comics code stamp....This is probably the NICEST 9.0 out there.What a rare book in grade.It always surprises me that this book doesn't go for more...first Super Skrull, sheesh, he appeared in almost everything. Congratulations on that.GOD BLESS...

P.S. It's also got the first "rocky" Thing.He's still lumpy on the interiors until Roussos took over with # 21.He began inking covers with this issue.

Edited by jimjum12