• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,769 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2023 at 2:49 PM, Frisco Larson said:

THAT is awesome!!! Having the different grade increments is VERY cool!!! Are you done or will there be more? 

All sold off, the last one nearly a decade ago now.

On 1/17/2023 at 2:06 PM, namisgr said:

I enjoy the memories from collecting FF and the other titles that I loved along with the books themselves, and the great people in the hobby that I had fun and did commerce with.

There are very few hobbies like collecting comics! Good, clean fun where you can do as little or as much as your budget will allow and you can pick it up or put it down whenever you choose, knowing it'll be there waiting for you when you return. (thumbsu

On 1/17/2023 at 3:15 PM, namisgr said:

There are two small collections of unslabbed comics I still own, a near complete picture frame Marvel set and a collection of a little over a hundred Marvel reprint issues going back to the start of Marvel Tales and Collectors Item Classics/Greatest Comics. 

My exit strategy as well!

I’m currently putting together reprint runs in preparation for the time I sell off my originals. I’ve discovered that I don’t like reading Essentials, MasterWorks, Omnibi, etc. I like reading old comics on newsprint! These will keep me warm long after* the money from the sale runs out. 

*assuming I live that long, of course!

Only 13 more days until I can contribute :whistle: Some great looking books here!

Edited by universal soldier