• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,042 posts in this topic

My only X-men pick-up in the recent CL auction... i was in for a couple of others but spent my money on GA instead tongue.gif

X-men40.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Decent price on that too.

I only bid on one book in that auction - the #35 in 9.2 . The bidding went WAY higher than what I was expecting at $575. My bid was well under that.

Does it seem like higher grade SA X-Men books are getting really high prices lately?

CycleGirl

Edited by CycleGirl

My only X-men pick-up in the recent CL auction... i was in for a couple of others but spent my money on GA instead tongue.gif

X-men40.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Decent price on that too.

I only bid on one book in that auction - the #35 in 9.2 . The bidding went WAY higher than what I was expecting at $575. My bid was well under that.

Does it seem like higher grade SA X-Men books are getting really high prices lately?

CycleGirl

Totally agree with you. It's like trying to find something before others and praying no one else sees it.

yearh i was in on the 35 as well, but agree the bidding went ballistic. Same goes for the 8 in 9.4 which reached a pretty high price as well. Price on the 40 was decent, just above last GPA, but still good because prices on the warehouse copies have been ever declining down to the point where they are almost undervalued now.

yearh i was in on the 35 as well, but agree the bidding went ballistic. Same goes for the 8 in 9.4 which reached a pretty high price as well. Price on the 40 was decent, just above last GPA, but still good because prices on the warehouse copies have been ever declining down to the point where they are almost undervalued now.

Yes and i think it was that #40 that made you leap frog me, you bugger!!

If you are talking about the registry then dont worry... i might soon take it out of my sig line to leave space for a more thorough Wantlist...if it makes you feel better i cheated and put in the X-men 1 even though it is cracked.. grin.gif in defense i have a couple of books that are not available in the registry due to scarcity of slabbed copies but i think would be worth some points if they were...

gossip.gif btw wait till i receive this one so i can read the registry number and i will leap further

All-american75.jpg

If you are talking about the registry then dont worry... i might soon take it out of my sig line to leave space for a more thorough Wantlist...if it makes you feel better i cheated and put in the X-men 1 even though it is cracked.. grin.gif in defense i have a couple of books that are not available in the registry due to scarcity of slabbed copies but i think would be worth some points if they were...

gossip.gif btw wait till i receive this one so i can read the registry number and i will leap further

All-american75.jpg

Yes i saw you post that one in the GA thread, i was totally impressed by it hail.gif... i just wish they had the ability to add other "non set" ones as i have some top listed Holiday comics from the "D" pedigree.

I think calling it a Fine is about right. PCE used to have their own grading system where 4.0 was a Fine.

Ed

I remember the PCE grading system well. 40 was their grade for fine, 60 for very fine, etc. The 4.0 on the label of the X-Men 1 is their grade for page quality, and is their grade for what passes today as "offwhite". They'd use 3.0 for off-white/white, going all the way up to 1.0 (or was it 0.0?) for snow-white, with 4.5 corresponding to cream/off-white and 5.0 light tan/off-white. From the dozen or so books I purchased from them and subsequently had graded by CGC, the page quality grades from the two companies proved to be remarkably similar.

Terrific book!