• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,042 posts in this topic

We have several xmen comics for sale. 1-? got to check when they return.

How do I go about selling them the best way? They are being graded and I think number 1 graded at 5.5. Please give me some advice.

BK

First, I'd subscribe to GPA to get a ballpark figure of what your graded books are worth and what to ask for them. GPA . Then, I'd try posting them in the marketplace section of this forum (forum sales only). It's free and will give you some idea of the interest in your book. If you don't get the price you are looking for, you could try ebay or ComicLink or any similar dealer.

Thanks, Rhonda. Where have you been? Haven't seen you post too much lately? Hope everything is ok.

Casey

Hi Casey and thanks......

Yes, everything is okay, but on June 1, I accepted a severance package from my employer of 23 years, Hewlett-Packard.

:gossip: I'm not old! I started there when I was six years old lol

Our main income now comes from the rental properties that my husband and I own and manage as well as income from investments. While I guess you could call us "financially independent," my disposable income isn't what it was before. So, after deciding to take the severance, I also decided to take a little vacation from collecting. I thought that I should re-evaluate where I want to go with my collection.

Several times in May and June I looked in on the boards and found it hard to resist some really nice books that were posted. Of course, it's a lot easier to resist the bug if you just don't look. :cry:

Now that I've had some time to think about it, I'm picking back up on my X-Men collection. I'm planning to balance my buying of X-Men by selling some ASM - especially some mid-grade books that I've had for a while. I'm still hoping to make the X-Men registry top ten.

I'll try not to be a stranger here as I really enjoy the X-Men group.

Excelsior!

Rhonda

Edited by CycleGirl

Thanks, Rhonda. Where have you been? Haven't seen you post too much lately? Hope everything is ok.

Casey

Hi Casey and thanks......

Yes, everything is okay, but on June 1, I accepted a severance package from my employer of 23 years, Hewlett-Packard.

:gossip: I'm not old! I started there when I was six years old lol

Our main income now comes from the rental properties that my husband and I own and manage as well as income from investments. While I guess you could call us "financially independent," my disposable income isn't what it was before. So, after deciding to take the severance, I also decided to take a little vacation from collecting. I thought that I should re-evaluate where I want to go with my collection.

Several times in May and June I looked in on the boards and found it hard to resist some really nice books that were posted. Of course, it's a lot easier to resist the bug if you just don't look. :cry:

Now that I've had some time to think about it, I'm picking back up on my X-Men collection. I'm planning to balance my buying of X-Men by selling some ASM - especially some mid-grade books that I've had for a while. I'm still hoping to make the X-Men registry top ten.

I'll try not to be a stranger here as I really enjoy the X-Men group.

Excelsior!

Rhonda

Hey Rhonda,

Good to hear from you. Sorry you lost your job but it's good you have things to back you up. Glad to know you haven't given up on collecting. :applause:

Casey, you're just sore because you number two....again. However, you're still my favorite competition. There is no one I would rather see ahead of me (or behind, ha ha) on that set than you. Cut me some slack, I've had a bad day. I still don't have a number one, so you are still burnin' my on that one.

Casey, you're just sore because you number two....again. However, you're still my favorite competition. There is no one I would rather see ahead of me (or behind, ha ha) on that set than you. Cut me some slack, I've had a bad day. I still don't have a number one, so you are still burnin' my on that one.

Bad day? you picked up two nice SA books and got the 2007 Best in Set Type for the 1-450 set. Not too shabby in my opinion.

new pickup.....

x63.jpg

Beautiful book, Casey!

What a great cover.... The silhouette in the machine is so classic. Is that supposed to be Jean? I know that it looks like her, but from the story, it doesn't fit. hm

:signofftopic: BTW, I want all of you guys to know that in spite of the cover art, in this issue, Jean is the only one of the X-Men who is not rendered helpless by Magneto. It is up to Jean to single-handedly defeat the villian.

CG