• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,042 posts in this topic

Danny,

This is just my opinion, but....

Your collection is very cool. When it's complete, it will represent a unique achievement. I do not think that you should trade it all in for a single book.

OTOH, I do think that every collection should include one or two stand-out books.

Rhonda

Thanks Rhonda!!!

I used to have one particular book that stood out but Steve managed to take it off my hands meh

That wouldn't have been a reprint would it? A one and only top of the census copy? hm:baiting:

Thanks Rhonda!!!

I used to have one particular book that stood out but Steve managed to take it off my hands meh

That wouldn't have been a reprint would it? A one and only top of the census copy? hm:baiting:

:shy:

Does is bug :busy: anyone else that War Comics are beating out the X-Men on the Silver Age forums? :frustrated:

Are we going to stand for this?

What we need here is a little more banter about mutants. Come on guys! Let's talk mutants and knock those War Comic geeks out of the #1 spot! :baiting:

CycleGirl's want list

Edited by CycleGirl

My pockets arent as deep as Caseys so im staying away from SA until I can afford it

:sorry:

That would be dependant upon if you are collecting to make the best possible run or if you are collecting to complete the run.

If i remember correctly it was Rhonda who asked the question about what grades were you willing to accept for issues.

I tend to get the impression that the majority of us x-menites are a combination of both wanting to collect a series that we've enjoyed over the years but at the same time collecting the best (we can afford). It would make no difference if the complete run was in NM or in VG, just the thought of having a complete set would be impressive.

My pockets arent as deep as Caseys so im staying away from SA until I can afford it

:sorry:

That would be dependant upon if you are collecting to make the best possible run or if you are collecting to complete the run.

If i remember correctly it was Rhonda who asked the question about what grades were you willing to accept for issues.

I tend to get the impression that the majority of us x-menites are a combination of both wanting to collect a series that we've enjoyed over the years but at the same time collecting the best (we can afford). It would make no difference if the complete run was in NM or in VG, just the thought of having a complete set would be impressive.

Well said! :golfclap:

:hi:

Slowly working on my SA x-men collection. I've avoided pre-reprint for the moment as I still need some $$$ to eat ;)

:hi: Hi gacguy!

Sometimes I think that I should go a little slower myself. It's just that once I find a book or two that I like, I tend to go on a shopping spree. Now that I'm getting close to completing my SA CGC set, I'm getting a little impatient. It's hard to remember that the fun is in the journey, not the destination.

After I fill in the last holes, I'll adopt Casey's style of upgrading the lower graded issues. I'll also start paying a little more attention to the holes in my BA books.

I'm not sure if I'll ever collect the reprints. When I first discovered the X-Men, they were already in reprints. My friend (a boy, but not a boyfriend ;) ) was a collector and got me interested in collecting. He had some original SA X-men that he let me read. He told me that the issues being released at that time were not worth collecting. It's funny how something like that can stick with you after so many years.

I did buy some back issues in those days. I no longer have any of them. I either sold them while starving in college or lost them in moves. :cry:

CG