• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,042 posts in this topic

You would have alot more comics if shipping to you was cheaper doh!

Mate, with all the cost in postage, i could have bought a plane ticket to the states twice over and picked them up directly over the years :censored::censored:

That's why i say Thank god Harley Yee makes the trip down under each year...allows me to pick up books a little cheaper (well barely)

Mate, with all the cost in postage, i could have bought a plane ticket to the states twice over and picked them up directly over the years :censored::censored:

That's why i say Thank god Harley Yee makes the trip down under each year...allows me to pick up books a little cheaper (well barely)

They shouldn't charge you so much for shipping down under. After all, it's downhill all the way. Can't they just coast? :grin:

CG

Hey Cycle Girl,

The girl in the machine is Magneto's latest artificial mutant, Lorelei. Who puts all men under her spell with her siren like song. So, Jean being a woman and thus immune, saves the men and therefore the day.

Hey Cycle Girl,

The girl in the machine is Magneto's latest artificial mutant, Lorelei. Who puts all men under her spell with her siren like song. So, Jean being a woman and thus immune, saves the men and therefore the day.

Okay, Herr Doctor. That makes sense. I guess it would be pretty nitpicky for me to point out that the hairstyle in the silhouette looks a lot more like Jean's flip than it does like Lorelei's long tresses.

lorelei.jpg

Okay, I pay attention to hair styles in superhero mags.... Does anybody else notice things like that? Does anybody think that Lorelei was part of the inspiration (just in terms of appearance) for Storm?

CG

They shouldn't charge you so much for shipping down under. After all, it's downhill all the way. Can't they just coast? :grin:

CG

lollol if only that were true

Actually here's a question for all you wondrous yanks...what's the usual going rate to post a raw comic within the states?

Am just trying to work out what would be the best way to get some comics slabbed...cost wise.

Hey Cycle Girl,

Okay, Herr Doctor. That makes sense. I guess it would be pretty nitpicky for me to point out that the hairstyle in the silhouette looks a lot more like Jean's flip than it does like Lorelei's long tresses...

CG

Artistic license?

Actually here's a question for all you wondrous yanks...what's the usual going rate to post a raw comic within the states?

Am just trying to work out what would be the best way to get some comics slabbed...cost wise.

My actual shipping costs for lower value books.

$1.97 for a single comic book (7oz), $2.93 for 3 books (11oz), $3.41 for 4 books (13oz).. This was first class mail, bagged, boarded in a large envelope within a sandwich of two pieces of cardboard.

For high value books, I would go with Priority Mail boxes. The boxes are free at the post office, BTW.

1 pound is $4.60 (probably up to 4 books?)

2 pounds is $4.60 to $7.50 depending on distance.

CG

My actual shipping costs for lower value books.

$1.97 for a single comic book (7oz), $2.93 for 3 books (11oz), $3.41 for 4 books (13oz).. This was first class mail, bagged, boarded in a large envelope within a sandwich of two pieces of cardboard.

For high value books, I would go with Priority Mail boxes. The boxes are free at the post office, BTW.

1 pound is $4.60 (probably up to 4 books?)

2 pounds is $4.60 to $7.50 depending on distance.

CG

I am now quite envious....

So working on a theory...cost to send to and from CGC postage would be around $50 from aussie land

cost to buy and plead for the dealer to send to cgc on my behalf maybe $30 hm

Congratulation on the 9.4 white paged X-men 15, Casey. It is a very nice book. The only reason I gave it up was because someone waved a Pacific Coast copy under my nose. (thumbs u

Thanks!!

:o :o A Pac Coast!!!! Oh man! Nice!! I wish I had friends like that waving high class pedigrees under my nose. That along with White Mountain are two pedigrees I'm looking to add to my collection. A pac cost #20 was for sale last year but I didn't have the money and I'm still kickin myself.

Congratulation on the 9.4 white paged X-men 15, Casey. It is a very nice book. The only reason I gave it up was because someone waved a Pacific Coast copy under my nose. (thumbs u

Woah... hold up.. Isnt the 15 Pac Coast a 9.8 with White Pages?? :o