• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,041 posts in this topic

I have been looking through the CL auction previews.

There is a fantastic run of X-Men in the upcoming Feb Featured auction (not mine).

X-Men were the books I grew up with and I always regretted selling my run (though nowhere near the grade of some of the books listed or here).

hm Very tempted by a few.

Just recently bought a reader set of issues (46 odd between 1 and 67) and I am enjoying re-reading them.

George,

Those are my books. Long story short, my wife is losing her job (she is a research chemist for Pfizer) and, with a kid on the way, our finances will be getting very tight, so I am selling my entire set to shore up our finances and put us in a better situation. I was not planning on selling my collection until I was much older but life had other ideas. It was a thrill putting it togther and is bittersweet to watch them go.

It is a complete run from 1-514 with all of the annuals and three of the Giant-Size issues. ComicLink will also be selling my TOS 49 and ST 120 and others.

:sorry: Always sad to see a fellow collector sell their collection, especially one of this caliber. No doubt the sale will be of great benefit to your family, especially in these tough times. :wishluck:

There is a fantastic run of X-Men in the upcoming Feb Featured auction (not mine).

X-Men were the books I grew up with and I always regretted selling my run (though nowhere near the grade of some of the books listed or here).

Just recently bought a reader set of issues (46 odd between 1 and 67) and I am enjoying re-reading them.

George,

Those are my books. Long story short, my wife is losing her job (she is a research chemist for Pfizer) and, with a kid on the way, our finances will be getting very tight, so I am selling my entire set to shore up our finances and put us in a better situation. I was not planning on selling my collection until I was much older but life had other ideas. It was a thrill putting it togther and is bittersweet to watch them go.

It is a complete run from 1-514 with all of the annuals and three of the Giant-Size issues. ComicLink will also be selling my TOS 49 and ST 120 and others.

Sorry to hear this Casey.

Family priorities are always more important than funny books and you will always be able to build a collection up later with your kid. I often think its the thrill of the chase that drives us collectors on.

Your collection should do extremely well at CL - perfect place for it :wishluck:

Sad news Casey. :(

I'm sure you guys will bounce back from this.

Wish I had some extra spending money for some of the books, but my business is so slow right now that I can't buy anything for quite awhile.

Extremely sorry to hear this Casey. I know you are making the right decision but I understand how difficult it will be to see these books go. Picked a perfect venue with ComicLink and considering recent prices, these books should demonstate very strong results, especially that #1 :cloud9: I'll definitely be watching and bidding (thumbs u

Drew

Edited by wasonff

George,

Casey,

Really sad to see you selling your x-men.That is one sweet set.

I have had to sell some sweet books(not by my choice) including action 2,superman 1,and showcase 4.

I hope you will still be around.

Best of luck

Dennis

George,

Casey,

I have had to sell some sweet books(not by my choice) including action 2,superman 1,and showcase 4.

Best of luck

Dennis

I hope that whenever it comes time to sell my set sometime in the future, that it is half as nice as the one Casey is putting up.

Maybe since the auction is in Feb. I will be able to snag one. :wishluck:

George,

Casey,

Best of luck

Dennis

I hope that whenever it comes time to sell my set sometime in the future, that it is half as nice as the one Casey is putting up.

Maybe since the auction is in Feb. I will be able to snag one. :wishluck:

:wishluck: