• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,042 posts in this topic

Hey everyone - I enjoy seeing all of your great books. My focus recently moved toward attempting a #1-93 run; here are two books I received this week (I'm new to my scanner as well as to the boards, so I'm still trying to figure out the best settings for scanning):

XMN15.jpg

XMN81.jpg

I have been looking through the CL auction previews.

There is a fantastic run of X-Men in the upcoming Feb Featured auction (not mine).

X-Men were the books I grew up with and I always regretted selling my run (though nowhere near the grade of some of the books listed or here).

hm Very tempted by a few.

Just recently bought a reader set of issues (46 odd between 1 and 67) and I am enjoying re-reading them.

There is a fantastic run of X-Men in the upcoming Feb Featured auction (not mine).

X-Men were the books I grew up with and I always regretted selling my run (though nowhere near the grade of some of the books listed or here).

Just recently bought a reader set of issues (46 odd between 1 and 67) and I am enjoying re-reading them.

George,

Those are my books. Long story short, my wife is losing her job (she is a research chemist for Pfizer) and, with a kid on the way, our finances will be getting very tight, so I am selling my entire set to shore up our finances and put us in a better situation. I was not planning on selling my collection until I was much older but life had other ideas. It was a thrill putting it togther and is bittersweet to watch them go.

It is a complete run from 1-514 with all of the annuals and three of the Giant-Size issues. ComicLink will also be selling my TOS 49 and ST 120 and others.

It is a complete run from 1-514 with all of the annuals and three of the Giant-Size issues. ComicLink will also be selling my TOS 49 and ST 120 and others.

Dude...no..but i understand and I will look at them very closely at the next auction.

My brother is a chemist and he too had just got laid off at Sirtris Pharma. Three years earlier, he was laid off at Ariad Pharma, and 3 years before that, it was Pfizer. He is so down about the entire pharma field and he is about as brilliant as can be. He graduated from Yale with a PHD in chemistry at the age of 23 on full scholarship. He made ton of moneys from all the stocks all these companies gave him over the year but he felt used and abused...with little regards for his contribution.

George,

Those are my books. Long story short, my wife is losing her job (she is a research chemist for Pfizer) and, with a kid on the way, our finances will be getting very tight, so I am selling my entire set to shore up our finances and put us in a better situation. I was not planning on selling my collection until I was much older but life had other ideas. It was a thrill putting it togther and is bittersweet to watch them go.

Wow Casey.

I was just going to post asking who is the forum member selling their set.

I thought it might be you.

So are you going to stop collecting all together?

Dam didn't I just sell you some X-men books. :(

John

PS...Very sorry about your wife losing her job.

George,

Wow Casey.

I was just going to post asking who is the forum member selling their set.

I thought it might be you.

So are you going to stop collecting all together?

Dam didn't I just sell you some X-men books. :(

John

PS...Very sorry about your wife losing her job.

Hi John,

Yes, it was a very sudden event for us. We knew it might happen but we were hopeful that it wouldn't. When the ax fell a couple weeks ago, it changed everything. It was not an easy decision but given the uncertainty the future now holds, I needed to put us in the best position I could.

I will still be making my monthly trips to the LCS to pick up my reads, which aren't very many but I am putting my vintage collecting on hold. I don't know if I'll be able to recreate what I did but, as a fellow collector, you know it is in your blood. So I never say never.