• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,691 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2020 at 6:14 PM, Drummy said:

Great books, everyone!  I finally got my keeper copy of Avengers #57 from the CLINK auction:

Avengers 57 9.4 wp.jpg

so you're the one! congrats, it's a beauty. i intended to go for this book. but your bid was so high that it was already far past my max with time left to go. please settle a dispute that many boardies here have: did you bid so high in any way because of the cva sticker? i have had my eye on so many of these, and never snagged one...sigh.

Not at all, although I think most CVA books do look great. 

This book has an extremely vivid color strike and near-perfect centering...just an incredibly 'rich' copy in my eyes.  I had hoped I wouldn't come close to my max bid, but that didn't turn out so well...(:

And since I'm only buying one copy, I'm less worried about the resale value -- this one's a keeper.

21 hours ago, Steelrain41 said:

Just added my Grail. I can die happy lol. It looks great next to my #4. I think I'll start working on getting 1-10 and see how that goes. #8 is up next before it gets too out of range.

IMG_20210123_145658445.jpg

IMG_20210123_154433663.jpg

Congratulations on the pick up! 

I love the cover of Avengers 1! 

14 minutes ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

The previous few posts have me wondering Why isn't their an Avengers 1 appreciation thread?  Have I overlooked it? Tried the search function and still didn't see it. 

I think there is an Avengers 1 and 4 appreciation thread. 

It may be a bit buried, but it's there somewhere. 

18 minutes ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

The previous few posts have me wondering Why isn't their an Avengers 1 appreciation thread?  Have I overlooked it? Tried the search function and still didn't see it. 

Hello old Marvelite buddies! Something is bugging me about a 1960s comics story I remember but cannot resolve. In Tales to Astonish #74 the Leader dies after using the Watcher's all powerful machine. His dead body is seen again on the splash page of TTA #75. But I distinctly remember one panel from either Avengers, TTA or another Marvel comic around the same time also announcing he was dead and showing the Leader's corpse in his orbiting space lab. We all know the Leader was secretly revived and returned in IH #115. But this mystery cameo appearance of his corpse from 1965 seems to be unlocatable. I have most of the books from the 1965 Marvel period, but can't find it. Can any of you folks please help me out? Thanks!