• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,732 posts in this topic

A few recent pickups from WW Chicago..........

Three from Dale Roberts....

av18.jpg

Dale and Bob had a lot of great books and I could have easily bought a dozen more.

That is a beautiful copy. Absolutely perfect. Nice pickup.

Thanks. I've been looking for a nice copy of #18 for a long time. I was pretty lucky to find a raw copy in this condition.

A great copy. In 1964 and 1965 Marvel were at their absolute peak.

Hey Designer Toast, I'm specifically collecting YOUR Avengers it seems!

Getting a bit hooked on these. They're distracting me from my Spidey goals.

avengers1and4.jpg

Nice! If you're going to start collecting Avengers, those are definitely the two to start with, congrats! :applause:

I posted the sellers scan of this book earlier in this thread, now that I have it in hand, here is my scan.

Avengers18CGC90White001.jpg

Billbrecks' raw copy may be a little sharper, but I'll live with this copy until I upgrade.

avengers1.jpg

Now if I can just find a #4 in the 7.0-8.0 range at a reasonable price.

Nice book (thumbs u

I think this is the one I got outbid on by $25.00 on Clink this week :tonofbricks:

avengers1.jpg

Nice book (thumbs u

I think this is the one I got outbid on by $25.00 on Clink this week :tonofbricks:

:blush: I just submitted the bid thinking I'd get a large counteroffer. Was kind of surprised when they accepted.

avengers1.jpg

Nice book (thumbs u

:blush: I just submitted the bid thinking I'd get a large counteroffer. Was kind of surprised when they accepted.

Congrats :applause: ,these are being snapped up left, right and centre.

I posted the sellers scan of this book earlier in this thread, now that I have it in hand, here is my scan.

Billbrecks' raw copy may be a little sharper, but I'll live with this copy until I upgrade.

Nice one. Was this from an eBay auction a few weeks ago?

Yes, I set a new GPA high. :cry:

Yes, I set a new GPA high. :cry:

lol Well at least you got a very nice copy.

It's going to be interesting to see how many of the Avengers in Clink's next auction will set new GPA highs.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/search.asp?where=sell&title=avengers&ItemType=CB

I can't think of the last time an Avengers I was looking at didn't go for a new GPA high.

(shrug) And it's probably only going to get worse as more info about the movie is released. I have around 10-15 books left to upgrade and I'd ideally like to get them before the prices become too crazy.

I can't think of the last time an Avengers I was looking at didn't go for a new GPA high.

(shrug) And it's probably only going to get worse as more info about the movie is released. I have around 10-15 books left to upgrade and I'd ideally like to get them before the prices become too crazy.

I'm starting to wonder if I should shift my focus to another title and wait until AFTER the movie has been released. If it's another Daredevil dud, perhaps prices will plummet again and it'll be a buyer's market.

I'm starting to wonder if I should shift my focus to another title and wait until AFTER the movie has been released. If it's another Daredevil dud, perhaps prices will plummet again and it'll be a buyer's market.

hm I can see your logic and it's sound logic. Trouble is, if the film is a success, the prices will probably stay on a higher tier.

The modern comics can either help raise or impede prices to a lesser degree. I predict that Brubaker will bring back Cap at some point (after all, he will be back in time for the film) and knowing Brubaker, he'll do it well. Also someone (and I hope it's not Bendis) will bring back more of a traditional Avengers book before that film, I think.

Anyway, I digressed a bit then but my point is that it can go either way at this early stage. The Iron Man success has put a lot of the fanbase and critics in a good frame of mind to receive an Avengers film but it's a long time between now and then and a couple of stinkers between now and then could easily kill the momentum.

So in conclusion, I have no idea, what is the best buying strategy. :insane: