• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,732 posts in this topic

What technical flaws bring it down? It looks like a solid 9.0 (or better) to me.

Sam, there's a slight bit of top staple wear, a few speckles of foxing along the top of the back cover, and the scan flash (the book is in a Mylite2) conceals a couple of very small color breaking horizontal wrinkles along the very top edge.

Again, just the perfect book for me - presents nicer than its technical grade, has nice interiors, and at the right price. I love it.

STEVE

It presents very nicely, congrats on a great purchase. :applause:

On a HORRIBLE side note, I still don't have my Avengers 1 I bought a few weeks ago :sorry:

It was shipped and received in Buffalo on April 23rd with a expected delivery date of April 25th. May 3rd now and still no book! Tracking just says what I put in the previous sentence. I spent an hour on the phone with USPS yesterday with a supervisor and they had ZERO information for me. Said they would research it and call me today but still haven't heard anything back and no package again today :frustrated:

That stinks!!! Wow..I hope they find it!

NICE! Your picking up some great stuff! :applause:

Thnx Baf - I'm dealing with trusted sellers (friends, boardies, and dealers I have confidence in)... so far, so good.

:)

Jason, did your book come yet? Hope so!

Yep, finally came yesterday! Havent had a chance to get it scanned yet but i'll post it later today hopefully

BAF - is that pic in your signature you? some awesome ink!

Whats up? Yes it is...its my chest piece. Thank you!

super cool ink, man!! Just started going with my wife and have covered the inside of both my arms (i know, i know - rookie! lol )

BAF - is that pic in your signature you? some awesome ink!

Whats up? Yes it is...its my chest piece. Thank you!

super cool ink, man!! Just started going with my wife and have covered the inside of both my arms (i know, i know - rookie! lol )

You have too start somewhere. (thumbs u I also have two full half sleeves...The inside of the arm ...up around the armpit area was some pretty good pain!

I haven't posted in this thread before but I'm putting together an Avengers run 1-200 if possible.

Well possible but will take time. Some of you may know me already and i'v bought from some of you (Jason). Well anyway i'v already posted pics of these in another thread but thought I'd join in with the official Avengers thread. 2 books arrived yesterday

Avengers #2. This replaces a good reading copy so quite an upgrade

cd023762.jpg

Avengers #88. Not great centring I know, but I didn't pay too highly and I'm happy with it. I know this isn't SA but as i was posting the #2 and it's an Avengers collecting thread I'd thought I'd be ok. I'll remove it if it isn't.

7bc038e5.jpg

Like i said i'v got more books I haven't posted but won't bog the thread down and just post future additions

Edited by PsychoJ

This is one of my favorite threads and now that I'm complete with my Avengers SA run, I'm sad because I have nothing to post . .

Maybe I'll have to start looking for some upgrades soon, so I can post something. :)