• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,732 posts in this topic

At the value tier it's economical to have them slabbed.

Maybe, but they would pretty much have to be at least 9.0-9.2 to be "sound" I think.

Don't get me wrong and please don't take offense. I'm not saying anything against those books, I think they are all sweet. But from the scans, most don't look to be at least 9.2ish. If they are 9.0 or lower, they're pretty close to being cheaper to buy already slabbed. 8.0-8.5, it's usuallyy cheaper to buy them already slabbed and sometimes even 9.0's. Believe me, I've followed almost all the Avengers auctions at the big sites for the last 9 months and most of them have been going WAY cheap unless they are ultra HG( and even a lot of those have been damn cheap).

Just my advice but anything you think isn't definitely at least a 9.0, I wouldn't pay to have graded. Again, don't think I'm saying anything against your books, it's just cheaper most times to buy them already slabbed unless they are fairly HG.

Those are all sweet and if you WANT them slabbed for your collection, go for it. Itight just cost you a little extra though. Either way, they're still sweet but definitely repost them if you get them graded and let us know what they got (thumbs u

No offense taken :) I understand the logic of your viewpoint. I just don't see spending additional money to MAYBE get a grade higher when I already have the issue, at a little lower grade, and could use that money to buy another missing issue instead of having 2 of the same common issue.

I hear ya but just make sure of your grade.

Figure out what you think each grade is and then I'd check GPA to see what it's worth in that grade. Even though it may seem to make no sense to buy a slabbed issue you already have raw, it probably is a better deal on some of those.

Say one of your books is worth $30 in it's grade. Even for a value tier, it's probably about $25-27.50 per submission once you factor in shipping there and back. If you could buy that issue already slabbed for $30-35, I'd do that. For $35, you can get the slab and guarantee grade and sell your raw for say $10-12. That way, you not only get it cheaper but also don't have to worry about your raw grading lower than you thought.

Like I said, just check the numbers on GPA and see what costs you the least. If you don't have GPA, you can pm me your list and I'll tell you what they are all worth in your grade (thumbs u

I hear ya but just make sure of your grade.

Figure out what you think each grade is and then I'd check GPA to see what it's worth in that grade. Even though it may seem to make no sense to buy a slabbed issue you already have raw, it probably is a better deal on some of those.

Say one of your books is worth $30 in it's grade. Even for a value tier, it's probably about $25-27.50 per submission once you factor in shipping there and back. If you could buy that issue already slabbed for $30-35, I'd do that. For $35, you can get the slab and guarantee grade and sell your raw for say $10-12. That way, you not only get it cheaper but also don't have to worry about your raw grading lower than you thought.

Like I said, just check the numbers on GPA and see what costs you the least. If you don't have GPA, you can pm me your list and I'll tell you what they are all worth in your grade (thumbs u

:applause:

I've been meaning to stroll into this forum for some time now. No time like the present.

While it's not my main focus, I love the Avengers. I've building my #1 thru #200 for a while and thanks to Sam, the collection grew quite a bit recently. I won't post my entire collection, but I'd like to share some of my favorites :hi:

AVENGERS9FC.jpg

davesAV21001.jpg

davesAV39001.jpg

AVENGERS52FC.jpg

davesAV58001.jpg

davesAV65001.jpg

davesAV68001.jpg

Edited by Sulphur Server

I've been meaning to stroll into this forum some some time now. No time like the present.

While it's not my main focus, I love the Avengers. I've building my #1 thru #200 for a while and thanks to Sam, the collection grew quite a bit recently. I won't post my entire collection, but I'd like to share some of my favorites :hi:

Thanks. And there's more where these came from ... :baiting:

Edited by sassemble

Sweet books there Sulphur Server! (worship)

I'm loving the new blood in here posting their Avengers! The last few months, unless ssasemble or I posted, this thread hit page 2 by the end of the day. With you guys now, this has been on page 1 for a couple weeks without me posting a single book :applause:

Keep em coming guys! Earths mightiest heroes deserve page 1 status just as much as Spidey, FF, etc. Dammit!!! :preach:

FYI...

My Favorite Avengers Artists have always been John Buscema, John Byrne, and George Perez :applause:

The book that remains among the earliest of my childhood Avengers memories is the one where they find themselves on a melting Earth (it's in your sig). I need to move that one up on my priority list. I can't really remember the storyline. I think I remember the Squadron Supreme was involved.

My 5 favorite Avengers (in no order)- Thor, Vision, Captain America, The Beast, and Hawkeye.

My 5 least favorite Avengers- Mantis, The swordsman, Dr. Druid, Gilgamesh, and Reed Richards.

My favorite Avengers Villians- Ultron, (Super) Count Nefaria, and Korvac.

:hi:

And more pics.

davesAV41001.jpg

davesAV59001.jpg

davesAV68001.jpg

DavesAV76001.jpg

DavesAVANN1001.jpg

Yeah, my #85 (the melting earth issue) is one of my favorite books. It's one of the 1st Suscha News pedigree books I bought. I LOVE that book! In hand, the colors are insane! I love that damn book :cloud9:

Good idea btw :applause:

Favorite artists: Adams and Buscema

My 5 favorite Avengers (in order): the Vision, Yellowjacket, Hawkeye, Ant-Man and Thor.

My 5 least favorite(in order): Starfox, the female Captain marvel(tough call, I HATE both of them with a passion!!!), Mantis, Quicksilver and Giant-Man.

5 favorite Villians: Ultron, Thanos, Absorbing Man, Egghead( :screwy: ) and Korvac.

Thats a SWEET #1 there Hulkfan! (the 3 aint too shabby either!)

It's starting to worry me that i'll never get the #1 i want. I have my heart set on doing my 1-230 run all in at least 9.2. I'm getting fairly close ( i'm only missing 2 issues from #10-105) and i have a 9.2 #4 but i dont know when/if i'll ever be able to swing a 9.2+ #1 :sorry:

There's just SOOO many other books i cant help but buy which makes it HARD to build up a big enough pot for a book as pricey as a 9.2+ Avengers 1. I dont really want to but i've been considering selling ALL my ASM's, FF's, Iron Mans and Hulks to get the Avengers 1. So far though, i havent found one nice enough for me to really seriously consider if/how i would buy it.

I'm not at all jazzed about selling that many of my books i love to get it but if a REAL nice #1 shows up, i'm going to have a really, really tough decision to make.

I definitely envy you guys that already have your keeper #1's. CONGRATS :applause: