• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,731 posts in this topic

Marvel really had alot of production problems with this ish. In addition to the frequent ink-streaking, the book is very commonly miscut (like my copy) and miswrapped (again, like mine).

Really tough to find a high grade copy with excellent QP. If anybody has one, I'd enjoy seeing it.

what the hell i'll post it here. funny thing is it's the same book in the first post of this thread.

avengers_12.JPG

Wish mine looked that sharp!

Nice book, Monstro :applause:

Wow,

that is a really nice copy Monstro.

I used to have a CGC 9.2 but it didn't look even close to that nice.

Nice glossy colors (thumbs u

Wow,

yeah i'm really happy with it. october is the man. i have gotten some really killer books from him

Never posted anything on this thread, just saw it for the 1st time!!! Nice scans!!!

Here's two of my favorite Avengers covers;

Avengers16.jpg

Avengers20.jpg

2 classic Avengers covers

I hope to own that #16 in the next year or so. Even though the early Avengers had three of my Top 5 favorite Super Heroes in it (thor, iron man, and cap) You gotta love Cap's Kooky Quartet.

what the hell i'll post it here. funny thing is it's the same book in the first post of this thread.

avengers_12.JPG

Wow,

Yeah I agree!!! that's why I didn't post my #12!!! Monstro's is too nice!!! :banana:

avengers_12.JPG

Wow,

I agree - looks like it was just printed yesterday.

Nice book!

Lots of nice books posted. I seem to have hit a little lull in my Avengers collection...hope I can get a few more in 2008.

This thread makes me happy - :banana:

Never posted anything on this thread, just saw it for the 1st time!!! Nice scans!!!

Here's two of my favorite Avengers covers;

Avengers16.jpg

Avengers20.jpg

Here's my GR copy of #20.....

avengers20big.jpg

Marvel really had alot of production problems with this ish. In addition to the frequent ink-streaking, the book is very commonly miscut (like my copy) and miswrapped (again, like mine).

Really tough to find a high grade copy with excellent QP. If anybody has one, I'd enjoy seeing it.

Here's my #93. Picked it up in Ebay a few months back.

The scan created some odd reflections in the lower half (Cap's arm, Vision, Scarlet Witch) but they're NOT on the book.

No black streak, and pretty good alignment with the wrap. A little crooked (see the top MCG band), but good enough for me!

AVENGERS93.jpg

The scan created some odd reflections in the lower half (Cap's arm, Vision, Scarlet Witch) but they're NOT on the book.

No black streak, and pretty good alignment with the wrap. A little crooked (see the top MCG band), but good enough for me!

AVENGERS93.jpg

Nice book :applause:

AVENGERS93.jpg

no ink streak :cloud9:

Okay, I'm waiting for one of you guys to post the Avengers 25 CGC 9.4 that you just won on eBay for $1425......

It's one I need to - let's hope this auction brings them out of the closets.....