• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Might be in NYC

75 posts in this topic

OK, the reservation is for 7 people @ 7:30pm. Meet in the bar between 7-7:30pm.

Churrascaria Plataforma

316 W 49th St (between 8th & 9th Ave.)

New York, NY 10019

Gene

This is great, it's close enough to my hotel for me to walk to!

Gene, many thanks for setting this up! thumbsup2.gif

Dont really know any of you guys personally but wish I could have gone. Should be a blast. In NY looking for a job half my days latley .Unemployed , no cash and NFL Kickoff tonight, be at the bar here in Jersey trying to get free beers. lol.

Thanks Gene for setting up a great dinner, although it may be a while before i eat meat again. Tim it was a pleasure meeting you, you should get back here more often. The rest of you guys, nice talking to you again, can't wait for our next function.

Thanks Gene for setting up a great dinner, although it may be a while before i eat meat again. Tim it was a pleasure meeting you, you should get back here more often. The rest of you guys, nice talking to you again, can't wait for our next function.

the list of Brazilian BBQ'd scewered meats that they roll out is impressive indeed.

i can recall, bacon wrapped tenderloin, prime rib, flank steak, garlic rib eye, top sirloin, sausage, bacon wrapped turkey, chicken, ham, pork loin, and lamb. all were excellent..........

as were the profusion of salads, shrimp, fish, beans, rice, eggplant, etc at the salad bar buffet.

AND, the mashed potatoes, onion rings, string beans, fried cheese, etc accompanying dinner.

all washed down with either a Brahma (Brazil's national beer) or a Caiparina (?) brazil's national cocktail.............

and then most of the group had dessert...... insane.gif

i do not intend to eat a single morsel of food today.

great group - great restaurant - great time.......................... thumbsup2.gif

I continue to write that every CGC Board function I have been to has been phenomenal. A group of mostly strangers getting together, putting "real life" aside, and just talking comics/comic art...everyone is always extremely friendly and suprisingly interesting and intelligent. No one seems to fit the "comic book nerd" stereotype...it's an awesome time and completely welcoming to "strangers"...and then everyone parts ways and goes back to their "normal lives."

I would be totally up for doing more of these more often...

It was really great meeting a few new people and seeing a few recognizeable faces again. Thanks for putting this together Gene!

Gene you picked a great spot. I will be taking my wife and my daughter there next week. That was my type of place as far as the food was concerned. It was non-stop.

5 stars.

It was great meeting you guys. I am looking foward to the next dinner. Next time I will hang out longer.

I`m back in HK now. It was a pleasure seeing Harry and Gene again, and meeting Ron, Mike, Darwin, Dave and Bill for the first time.

And thanks to Gene for picking a great place and setting things up! thumbsup2.gif That was a whole lotta meat!

L to R: Shadroch, Burntboy, Tth2, Dmac538, Delekkerste, Dem1138, Ronm3:

1396298-ChurrascariaSep06.jpg

Nice group shot.

Only comment, no more sweater vests for Harry.

Mix it up Harry, you sold a few books. Buy a new outfit already

poke2.gif

Ze-