• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

A couple of meager contributions to this cool thread. Both are, at last check, the 2nd highest graded copies and both are extremely nice for their grades.

My favorite Kirby Monster cover of all time: cloud9.gif

ST80.JPG

Not a prototype issue, as it appeared in the same month as FF # 3, but certainly worthy of its Overstreet notation of "Thing-like creature":

StrangeTales_94_85.jpg

Love these books George!!! thumbsup2.gif I might have to buy some of these pre-hero books too!!

A couple of meager contributions to this cool thread. Both are, at last check, the 2nd highest graded copies and both are extremely nice for their grades.

My favorite Kirby Monster cover of all time: cloud9.gif

ST80.JPG

Not a prototype issue, as it appeared in the same month as FF # 3, but certainly worthy of its Overstreet notation of "Thing-like creature":

StrangeTales_94_85.jpg

Beautiful books! Gargantus was the rare monster that made two appearances in the Pre-hero books. The other appearance is in Strange Tales #85, which has another great monster cover.

Here are two new raw additions to my ST run. Both books will be sent to CGC, along my X-Men #18 (gotta use to free coupons!) 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The ST 103 is the Slobodian copy. It's my second copy of that book (I have the Mass. copy), but hey, it's my favorite cover of the run !

ST-103-Slobodian.jpg

The ST 108 is another book I've had trouble finding in decent grade...

strange-tales-108F.jpg

That's a nice pair of books, Frederic!

What grades are you hoping for? The 103 looks really good.

For the ST 103 : Minimally 8.0, if I'm lucky 8.5 893crossfingers-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

For the ST 108 : This one has a fair number of non-color breaking crease...it will be send for pressing before grading. If it comes out an 8.5 it will be a keeper for my collection. If it only comes out an 8.0, I will probably sell it (with full disclosure on the fact that it was pressed)

No way will I press the ST 103, since it's a Pedigree book! (although Slobodian's are not officially recognized as such by CGC)

For the ST 108 : This one has a fair number of non-color breaking crease...it will be send for pressing before grading. If it comes out an 8.5 it will be a keeper for my collection. If it only comes out an 8.0, I will probably sell it (with full disclosure on the fact that it was pressed)

I think you'll have a winner if you press it!! Probably would just make 8.5 status, I would say it's worth the chance even if it doesn't reach 8.5 thumbsup2.gif

That's a nice pair of books, Frederic!

What grades are you hoping for? The 103 looks really good.

For the ST 103 : Minimally 8.0, if I'm lucky 8.5 893crossfingers-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

No way will I press the ST 103, since it's a Pedigree book! (although Slobodian's are not officially recognized as such by CGC)

Full disclosure! Excellent! thumbsup2.gif

Nice copy thumbsup2.gif and great lighting effects on this cover laugh.gif

Here's this week eBay pick up :

strangetales-123cgc.jpg

strangetales-113cgc.jpg

Can't wait to receive those cloud9.gif

You out bid me on the 123. I thought I might grab it for cheap. At least it found a good home. Mike