• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

Here are the rest of my Nick Fury covers

ST138CGC94-1024.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image HostingST140CGC92-1024.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image HostingST141CGC92-1024.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image HostingST144CGC92-1024.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This copy of Issue 145 is so fresh you would swear it was just printed. It has a rather large printing flaw on the cover however. Can you find it?

ST145CGC92-1024.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This next one, 147, is of course common and its rather easy to get a beautiful copy

ST147CGC96-1024.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And one of my personal favorite covers...

ST159CGC92-1024.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This copy of Issue 145 is so fresh you would swear it was just printed. It has a rather large printing flaw on the cover however. Can you find it?

Firstly superb run of books thumbsup2.gif

Some seriously great copies, and I love the cover's from the 140's, so inventive with the spy theme.

Buuut...as for that 145, tell me, I look and looked, what was the flaw? confused-smiley-013.gif

Firstly superb run of books thumbsup2.gif

Some seriously great copies, and I love the cover's from the 140's, so inventive with the spy theme.

Buuut...as for that 145, tell me, I look and looked, what was the flaw? confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm suspecting the spine corners along with a few non-colour breaking spine creases. Usually the culprit that takes the 9.4's to 9.2's. At least in my case.

Issue 145:

Look just below "Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD"

The guy in the bubble vehicle just below it. Just above his head to the right there is actually a hole in the cover which is a fault in the cover itself. It looks like a little white spot in the image.

Issue 145:

Look just below "Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD"

The guy in the bubble vehicle just below it. Just above his head to the right there is actually a hole in the cover which is a fault in the cover itself. It looks like a little white spot in the image.

Ok, it looks quite well blended it. But that's a resonably sized whole as well, all things considered, you did well on the grade. But eitherway it's still a great book.

It might be from around that time things went a bit off at the factory, some of my ST's from the similar number's have faults as well. One Staple, large staple pulls, etc on HG books.

I'm a pretty darn fond of it myself.

Here's a couple more.

StrangeTales84.jpg

StrangeTales88.jpg

Wow!!! why aren't you slabbing those babies!!! That's pure art!!!

You answered your own question. wink.gif

I like them just the way they are.

Here's 5 more I bought as "blind buys" from Metropolis... overall, I'm very pleased with them. That's 2 for 2 with blind buys from Metropolis. thumbsup2.gif

This is a Boston Pedigree #153

ST153.jpg

4 more later issues ( still in magnificant condition )

ST176.jpg

ST177.jpg

ST183.jpg

ST184.jpg

What's a blind buy?

Love seeing the pre-hero issues, gents! This is the first time I've seen any of these ten centers in such phenomenal shape and preservation.

Adamstrange, I take it yours are all White Mountain copies. You have a most impressive number of these, and I was wondering how you acquired them. Were they bought at a Sotheby's auction where the collection was first marketed, did you get them from a dealer who purchased them at Sotheby's, or did they come from Jerry Weist back in the day? Also, I was curious if they had that heady smell of mothballs mixed with fresh newsprint that is so characteristic of the early Silver Age Superhero WM books? cloud9.gif