• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

I've just finished completing my Strange Tales run of 135-168, all in VFish or better- will post a big group shot soon!

Group shot! group shot! headbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gif

ST's do stand out for having some fantstic cover art through out the run, with Kirby, and then Sternako leading the way. Which was the main reason for me continuing my run's into Fury, and Doctor Strange.

I've always felt that while those titles were somewhat maligned at the time for representing a discontinuation into 2 separate tiltes (and double the cost to the collecting public). They carried forward all the good art work that had been established in ST's.

Here is my one ST issue along with a TOS.

tosstgroup_1.jpg

KC, those are two great books! Congrats!

That ST 120 is cloud9.gif

Thanks frederic thumbsup2.gif I was quite surprised to find it on ebay when I did. I don't see 120 all that often for sale so I had to pick it up smile.gif

Casey

I don't see 120 all that often for sale so I had to pick it up smile.gif

Casey

When you decide to sell it, I'm sure you will find quickly a buyer within this thread's contributors grin.gif

893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif Should already be mine!!!!!!!!!!

I tought of you when I wrote that remark wink.gifflowerred.gif

Casey

When you decide to sell it, I'm sure you will find quickly a buyer within this thread's contributors grin.gif

893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif Should already be mine!!!!!!!!!!

Should've bid higher poke2.gif I remember almost pulling the trigger on that eBay auction myself. foreheadslap.gif

Casey

I tought of you when I wrote that remark wink.gifflowerred.gif

You're all heart devil.gif27_laughing.gif You've seen that 114 8.5 for sale, yes?

Casey

Should've bid higher poke2.gif I remember almost pulling the trigger on that eBay auction myself. foreheadslap.gif

Isn't that always the case? Some books I have to miss out on 4-5 times till I get mad and determined enough to really splurge. This is definitely now one of those books sumo.gifsumo.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

Isn't that always the case? Some books I have to miss out on 4-5 times till I get mad and determined enough to really splurge. This is definitely now one of those books sumo.gifsumo.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

It makes it that much more sweeter when you get it though!! The thrill of the hunt!!! thumbsup2.gif

So true, so true. The journey and not the destination, the process and not the product and the hunt and not the quarry. If we all had 9.8 registry sets loaded with the best pedigrees in existence then the hunt would be over. We might have to start collecting Native American pottery like Rozanski 893whatthe.giftonofbricks.gif27_laughing.gif

OK Rich, please shed some light on this "Dentist".

I read his name once in while on the board and people refer to him as being one of the top collector...

What's the story ?

Don't know alot about him other than he is an actual dentist and owns the Mile High copy of Action Comics #1 which hasn't been graded but is reported to be "at least 9.4 or better" by those who've seen it. He was recently offered $1,000,000 893whatthe.gif for it and turned it down 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I wouldn't sell it either, especially if I had done enough root canals!!!

If you win the auction ask him his selling price!!!