• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

This one's been on my wanted list for many years. No idea why it shows up

so seldom. Strangely enough there is now a second one coming up on Clink.

Hoping it also finds a good home :cloud9:

ST-120-94rosland.jpg

Fantastic book Erik!! :applause: Incredibly tough in HG. I was the underbidder on this one. And yes, it is a "Strange Tale"(ducks) that another 9.4 should surface in such short order :o If I lose out on another book I have my eye on, I'l pursue it strongly!

This is the last one, completing my Doctor Strange run of Strange Tales. Should

have gotten it last time it came up for sale, but my focus was on other issues at

that time. It took 4.5 years to assemble them all and it was great fun the whole

time.

ST-111-94rosland.jpg

This is the last one, completing my Doctor Strange run of Strange Tales. Should

have gotten it last time it came up for sale, but my focus was on other issues at

that time. It took 4.5 years to assemble them all and it was great fun the whole

time.

ST-111-94rosland.jpg

OMG!!!

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship) (worship) (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship) (worship) (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship) (worship) (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship) (worship) (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship) (worship) (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship) (worship) (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship) (worship) (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship) (worship) (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship) (worship) (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

Edited by trmoore54

Formally completing the Dr. Strange issues of Strange Tales, here is

the first appearance of Stephen Strange and the Ancient One.

ST-110-94rosland.jpg

I caught a little shiver off that one it was so cool. :cool:

Formally completing the Dr. Strange issues of Strange Tales, here is

the first appearance of Stephen Strange and the Ancient One.

ST-110-94rosland.jpg

I caught a little shiver off that one it was so cool. :cool:

Awesome. Its one run im slowly trying to finish too. Those Strange stories are classics!

Looking over the collection (it's nice being finished), the Dr. Strange isssues

are 110-111,114-168 which amounts to 57 issues.

There are 34 old label, 23 new label. Most of the old label came from a couple of

collections I raided over the years when they came to market.

The pedigree/collection stats are:

Boston: 5

Mass: 5

Western Penn: 3

Northland: 2

Winnipeg: 1

Heartland: 1

Green River: 1

Christies: 1

Hollywood Hills: 1

The PC copies are somewhat tied up by Doug, but it looks like PC, Western Penn,

Boston and Mass. are the big pedigrees for Strange Tales. No idea where the

Curators are. Are there more Northlands in hiding?

I really wish they would add pedigree collections to the registry. They could easily

create owners such as "PacificCoast" and "Boston" and auto-generate sets based

on all public sets. It would be a lot of fun to browse such collections.

I noticed they're on comiclink, but no pics yet...at least on the books I'm looking at... won this one in the last auction...was originally wanting a 9.2 but haven't seen any white pagers in a while and their prices are starting to get outragous now...

ST135CL.jpg

I noticed they're on comiclink, but no pics yet...at least on the books I'm looking at... won this one in the last auction...was originally wanting a 9.2 but haven't seen any white pagers in a while and their prices are starting to get outragous now...

ST135CL.jpg

:applause: