• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

Congrats ! Sweet run to complete :cloud9:

Thanks chromium...I believe you were going after the same run, no? Did you complete yours?

Yeah a few weeks ago, I went for the complete run...Strange Tales from #101 to #168.

This is what I posted when I finished them

Well the collection is finished :banana:

Took me a little over a month to get the 68 books, alas I don't have all of them in hand at the moment, but I'll pick them up next month when I'm in the US.

Got all the Fury books from Stuart (nochips) and most of the #101 - 152 books I got from an original owner.

there were 9 books missing, the #101 & #102 I won on eBay and the others I managed to snag at Heritage last week (Sunday auction)

th_ST102.jpgth_ST103.jpgth_ST105.jpgth_ST106.jpgth_ST107.jpgth_ST108.jpgth_ST109.jpgth_ST110.jpg

All books will get cracked out and then I'll read them from #101 through to the end. :cloud9:

So this means I can go out and start completing another series hm

I'll be in the US next week so I'll pick them up and take them back with me to Belgium and finally start reading them.

AWESOME! divad suggested I now pick up the 101-109 ( :baiting: )...I'm sure I'll now feel compelled to do so...those are some beautiful covers and stories in that batch...and another boardie suggested I take it out to 168...probably put that on the backburner but may have to go there as well...

We'll have to write our reviews when we're done reading... :headbang:

Anyone interested in a couple of nice beater (2.5 or so) copies of ST 110 and ST 111 the first two Ditko Dr. Stranges these will be up for sale in the nik auction starting Tuesday...as they say on fee-Bay, bid early and bid often!

Insured shipping will be included in the final hammer price! :headbang:

Great, under-appreciated books!

If you're still open to suggestions, I recommend collecting Strange Tales from #67 to 168, including of course, those amazing annuals!

That's what everyone says go to 168 so I'll give that some thought...nice thing is you can get mid-grade on the cheap...my ST 110 - 146 averages out to 6.2 grade which is just fine for me for a raw reader set...

As for issues 67 - 109 I would love all of those...I've told Korvac Saga that my next ultimate move will be to concentrate on Marvel Pre-Super Hero ST, TTA and JIM...I presently have TOS 1-38... :headbang:

The later issues really are neat, and you know how much fun the pre-heroes are!

I'm on too tight a budget to ever run with the high grade pack. I'd have to give up some cherished books to swing it, or stockpile money for months. (It's no fun to go a year without buying something. Also, I'm afraid I'd convince myself that the money would be better spent elsewhere) So what's left for me at this point is under $100 comics. No problem! I still need tons of pre-hero Marvels, not to mention the Lee/Kirby westerns I don't even know about yet!

Now that I think on it, once a Marvel guy completes his hero runs, where else is he going to go? Even the highest of rollers would be tempted if a beautiful, CGC run of pre-hero Strange Tales were to present themselves, wouldn't he?

Edited by KirbyJack

The later issues really are neat, and you know how much fun the pre-heroes are!

I'm on too tight a budget to ever run with the high grade pack. I'd have to give up some cherished books to swing it, or stockpile money for months. (It's no fun to go a year without buying something. Also, I'm afraid I'd convince myself that the money would be better spent elsewhere) So what's left for me at this point is under $100 comics. No problem! I still need tons of pre-hero Marvels, not to mention the Lee/Kirby westerns I don't even know about yet!

Now that I think on it, once a Marvel guy completes his hero runs, where else is he going to go? Even the highest of rollers would be tempted if a beautiful, CGC run of pre-hero Strange Tales were to present themselves, wouldn't he?

Pre-heros are so overrated...I wouldnt bother with them.