• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

strange tales 101 5.5.jpg

This is a sharp copy not only for the nice cut showing the full comics code stamp, but the background inks have retained their blue color.  With so many copies, the cover stock is yellowed, turning the background to a dull blue-green.

15 hours ago, namisgr said:

This is a sharp copy not only for the nice cut showing the full comics code stamp, but the background inks have retained their blue color.  With so many copies, the cover stock is yellowed, turning the background to a dull blue-green.

Thanks! It's an upgrade from the copy below (which I still have & am keeping) which I think shares some of the same qualities. A lot of variables in the way comics age, but my experience has been that I oftentimes prefer the way cover colors age when the page quality is closer to white.

strange tales 101.jpg

7 hours ago, O. said:

Start stockpiling those ST #138 Eternity 1st Apps:wink:

https://twitter.com/scottderrickson/status/990112040957063169?s=20

Just pulled a nice one from my sale box and put into my keeper box. Need to go check my sale box at the antique mall, might have another one there.

Bonus edit: Found another copy at the antique mall.

Good tip! 

Edited by Tempus Fugit

The “love” button is malfunctioning; it keeps showing “like”. 

Fantastic Four people know that you need tasty copies of Strange Tales 102 and 104.

And Amazing Spider-Man 4.

Love it!

10 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

The 101-109 is one of the few SA runs I kept, with good reason.  It's underrated, and for 60's books, not as easy to find in grade as you would think.  

If there's a better run of covers from that time period, I'll eat my hat.