• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,142 posts in this topic

And... I just won this:

I now have representatives of the following pedigrees:

Boston

Mass (x2)

Pacific Coast (x3)

White Mountain

Western Penn (x15)

Curator (x2)

Twin Cities (x3)

Northland

Suscha News (x8)

Rocky Mountain (x2)

I wondered who I was bidding against on Comic Connect for some DDs - little did I know it was an OS forumite. :hi: Rob

Here are two of the DD acquisitions that I have scanned from this year, I also picked up 4 books in RAW HG from Greg Reece in the spring as he bought a collection with some HG DDs.

I am now 7 books away from the run, #1 to date.

This was my Comic Connect win, there have been a few nice DD #2s on the market this year and I was :juggle: between 9.2 and 9.0 - just thought this one presented so well.

DD2.jpg

I have owned too many copies of 158 to count, sold them during hype ..... and acquired this copy about a year ago, for one reason and one reason only - QP.

DD158.jpg

One more from 2013, maybe late 2012. Purchased from Steve Rubin, this book was only OW, but again the registration swayed me and the whites are a lot better in person. Steve told me they would be and he was right.

DD4CGC-94.jpg

:golfclap:

DD #4, one of the true classic first appearances ;)

I love this one. My copy is beaten all to hell and back, but got it for $5. It also has 1 page repeated for some reason. I'll have to take a pic.

And maybe get another copy for the collection that's a tad nicer too.....

I picked this up off ebay - Born Again promotional poster! :cloud9:

Now I have to figure out a way to "press" it... hm

2vb8x6w.jpg

That's a cool one. You could have it mounted on foamcore... Look for a groupon or something near you and eventually you'll find something for a framing place. I never pay full price for framing anymore.

:golfclap:

DD #4, one of the true classic first appearances ;)

I love this one. My copy is beaten all to hell and back, but got it for $5. It also has 1 page repeated for some reason. I'll have to take a pic.

And maybe get another copy for the collection that's a tad nicer too.....

While your at it pick up Killgrave's Daughter 'Kara' first appearance also!

Oga9gMb.jpg

And... I just won this:

I now have representatives of the following pedigrees:

Boston

Mass (x2)

Pacific Coast (x3)

White Mountain

Western Penn (x15)

Curator (x2)

Twin Cities (x3)

Northland

Suscha News (x8)

Rocky Mountain (x2)

I wondered who I was bidding against on Comic Connect for some DDs - little did I know it was an OS forumite. :hi: Rob

:hi:

I was bidding on the #2 and I think, a #5 or #16 (whichever one was a pedigree copy, the other one was at ComicLink that same month) , in the last one.

Hopefully, I'll stay out of your hair for the rest of the year. I do have a bunch of books queued up to bid on at Comic Connect and Heritage (I think) so hopefully we'll miss each other in the carnage :)

Speaking of which, my totals have changed since:

Boston

Mass (x2)

Pacific Coast (x3)

White Mountain

Western Penn (x15)

Curator (x3)

Twin Cities (x3)

Northland

Suscha News (x10)

Rocky Mountain (x2)

Winnipeg