• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,125 posts in this topic

Picked these up cheap on ebay the other night! :acclaim: I've decided to work on a full run. Buying slabs isn't going to work right now, so I'm working on a raw set first! Vol. 1 #150 - 380 is almost complete. Vol. 2 is almost done. :banana: I don't own any from Vol. 3 yet. doh!

2j4zqqb.jpg

:hi: Eric! Just decent looking copies. I'm not worried about NM or NM+ etc. I can't be picky these days with my lack of funds! :P

I still want to get a lot of my favorites slabbed one day. :) But this is kind of fun just enjoying buying a lot of the issues raw and looking for deals! And I only need 19 issues in Vol. 2 and that one is crossed out as well! :headbang: Vol. 3 will have to wait.

Dude, sounds like in no time your gonna be on to the next collecting focus!! ^^

Pretty neat and cool to have all DD goodness organized and complete under your own roof soon..........that is a pretty comforting thing to know, as your head hits the pillow at night - total REM sleep!! :cloud9:

I won these in the CC auction tonight.

I got clobbered on a bunch of other DDs which went for what felt like strong prices. I'm happy with what I did win, for sure.

Loving the #9 and those White pages. I wonder if that is a unmarked Green River copy. If so, you did really good !

I got clobbered on a bunch of other DDs which went for what felt like strong prices. I'm happy with what I did win, for sure.

Loving the #9 and those White pages. I wonder if that is a unmarked Green River copy. If so, you did really good !

There was a nice Green River #9, NM/M or whatever in the original catalog hm

Regardless, it looks like a sweet book. I have a beautiful #9 already, the White Mountain copy, but it's technically only 4.0 because of a large piece out of the front cover but was unread when I got it. I think this one will compete nicely against the looks of that.

Very nice books. I snagged the #12. :whee:

145609.jpg.faa1856b9fe532f8f3c82a37e43894c1.jpg

Nice copy!

I thought the Daredevils in this auction were great. I feel like I got two bargains, at least based on what I was willing to pay and then the rest of the books I was bidding on went for strong prices (stronger than I was willing to pay, at least.)

Very nice books. I snagged the #12. :whee:

Now there you go!! :headbang:

That is definitely another very hard DD to obtain in 9.4 ow/w or better.

Congrats on a great book and a great copy!! (thumbs u

Speaking of 9.4 and up...

Eric - I JUST discovered the "Daredevil (Complete)" registry set. doh! I had started a set under #1 - 310 and just noticed that one the other day. And saw who top dog was. (worship)

I know I've told you before but your set is just AMAZING. :cloud9: I was marveling at it the other night.

Justin thank-you my man. :foryou:

It's no something that special, I just happened to have a few books that made the grade that fit into this set vs. 1-310 set.

Fixed that for you. (thumbs u It's an amazing set. I can only dream.

Justin thank-you my man. :foryou:

It's no something that special, I just happened to have a few books that made the grade that fit into this set vs. 1-310 set.

Fixed that for you. (thumbs u It's an amazing set. I can only dream.

"You make me wanna be a better.............Boardie" ;)

So very nice of you Justin, much obliged :acclaim:

Thanks Eric! There's a few books in general (not just DD) that I want to get with an old label if I can. :insane: This was one of them. I also eventually want to start picking up newsstand editions of Miller's run so this one was perfect! :whee: