• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,115 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Colan was brilliant with his DD and most of the villains except the owl. His spidey was...well....not quite the best :| 

Other than that I love his work especially Iron man Submariner!

I love Colan too and I actually like his Iron Man the best.  On that IM / Subby cover though, don't look too closely at Subby's muscles because they make absolutely no anatomical sense.  lol

10 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I love Colan too and I actually like his Iron Man the best.  On that IM / Subby cover though, don't look too closely at Subby's muscles because they make absolutely no anatomical sense.  lol

lol Yeah pretty much everybody drew questionable muscles in the sixties. It was such a different time....like before steroids lol. We're so jaded by today's ultra detailed super muscular characters where that Subby is laughable. If you put it next to FF102 (just to name one) it actually looks decent. And I think the great Romita drew that one! As legendary as Kirby was, look at his early Hulk lol. Were those even muscles? It wasn't until well into the 70's before they drew more refined muscles.