• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,122 posts in this topic

3 great books in less than 24 hours

(I stupidly hadn't browsed their non-auction listings in a while)

Pretty maids - all in a row :headbang:

Rob I find myself doing the same thing, but I do it at Heritage. It is kinda like finding a whole new comic site for about a minute upon searching the new stock!!

:banana:

Very nice! First Wally Wood on DD. :cloud9: Congrats!

I still need to start working on a #1 - 10 run. doh!

Thanks! I'm getting priced out on the #1, but I figured I could work on the single digits before they started to really ramp up. I've missed a couple of #5s in previous Clink auctions but my bid held this time around.

Just picked this up in tonight's Clink auction, now I've got a mini-run of #5-8 in VF range. :cloud9:

Nice book in great condition

Yeah, that's a super sharp copy. Looks great for an 8.0.

I won the #8 tonight. I've knocked off some big numbers this week :acclaim:

148246.jpg.187837b7be190d04c67f2c55e13366b9.jpg

I was going great guns for a while, only need 5 more for a run of 1-77, but haven't been buying much lately. I did upgrade my beater #7, but I don't have a scan.

Nice! You're inspiring me to pick up the pace. I've got 2-14 and about 50 random issues to complete my run of v1+v2 (1-512).

Definitely moving at a slower pace for the single digit books. lol

That's what happens with a baby on the way :banana:

:golfclap::foryou:

And tonight on the way home from work, I stopped off at a LCS and finally picked up a #380!

Now I have #150 - 380 and Vol. 2 #1 - 109. I want to finish up Vol. 2 and #500 - 512 and the real fun begins of chipping away at the early issues. :whee:

:golfclap::foryou:

And tonight on the way home from work, I stopped off at a LCS and finally picked up a #380!

Now I have #150 - 380 and Vol. 2 #1 - 109. I want to finish up Vol. 2 and #500 - 512 and the real fun begins of chipping away at the early issues. :whee:

!?! I JUST picked up 380 this week too! That's weird. My strategy for the higher issue numbers has always been just grab em when I see them in 25c bins and stuff, but now having to selectively search out the gaps feels funny. Probably not many people searching on eBay for a DD369 lol

And thanks for the baby kudos, less than 5 weeks left! :headbang: