• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,122 posts in this topic

I just read the latest DD issue today! I'm loving it. Waid is really finding his own voice with the character and I'm loving the art. Since Waid took it over it's been one of Marvel's best books every month.

yeah Waids run is really good imo but its too lighthearted I think Bendis and definitely Millers run are what Daredevil truly is meant to be and are the best runs imho

Actually it’s the other way around: as much one may love Miller’s Daredevil, Miller – since the beginning – made Daredevil too much "his own" character, and that was not actually Daredevil. Subsequent writers (like Ann Nocenti) managed to bring back many things that had been lost, and it seems Mark Waid is finally doing it right. I need to check it out.

I don’t know Brubaker on Devil, but Bendis does not love the Marvel characters in the least. Well, as much as a good 95% of their authors now.

Waid, Brubaker, Bendis, Miller, Smith, hell even Diggle's wasn't bad.

DD consistently has the best storylines going.

Waid's knocking it outta the park!

To clarify, I have the impression that many people which have known and loved Daredevil just from Miller (and from recent writers), may not have read even the slightly previous issues. If you compare, say, #150-160 with #170-180 you see what I mean.

I quite loved early Ann Nocenti DD.

I need to get the first Waid issue. Which is that?

I'm not really a variant cover guy and REALLY don't understand "1.50" issues... but I really do like the variant covers for Daredevil #1.50.

2mdi8gi.jpg

These are really nice. Martin also did a few for ASM #692 I think in this same style.

Spidey-50th-Variants.jpg

Edited by pmpknface

Producing multiple covers makes sense (and thus makes them nice) if they have meaning. It’s when they do it without any particular motivation, and just to create compulsive buying, that it is bad.

2zo9enp.gif

Waid's first issue was Daredevil Vol. 3 #1.

And not a fan of Bendis' run, huh? I loved it! :cloud9: Admittedly, I got into Daredevil as a kid with the Miller run. And as a big DD fan, I'm embarrassed to say I really haven't read much pre-Miller Daredevil (#1 and #7). :blush: I've been buying all of the Marvel Masterworks. Need to pick up Vol. 1 and finish a few things I'm reading now and then I can't wait to dive into it. :banana:

I own the ASM set. I'm in the process putting together the Daredevil anniversary set. Both are great variant sets. I've always been a fan of Martins work :)

Edited by SteveC77

Very excited to win this last night!

Only 3 more for a full 9.8 set of Miller's First DD Run! :headbang:

wcb67s.jpg

Thats pretty impressive, I have a full run but nowhere near high grade on some haha

Does Daredevil #7 create the softest 9.4s in the hobby? The Western Penn is a soft 9.4 and the book Doug has listed doesn't look much better.

I won't argue that the Twin Cities should be a 9.4, but if you laid the three of them out side by side, the Twin Cities would stand out.

:facepalm: