• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,124 posts in this topic

Congrats! That's some collection! Love the feeling of finishing a long term comic collecting goal.....Then I miss chasing the comics and revising want lists and the feeling you get of crossing another one off the list. It's kinda bitter sweet to finish a set. :cloud9:

Finished my DD #1 - #100 in 9.4 ow/w or better!! (technically #105) :whee:

I also have Spidey #16, #18 and JIM #16 in 9.4 ow/w or better, giving me the first 10 appearances of DD in funny books. :cloud9:

I think it might be a first here due to my ow/w or better with the 9.4s. :cool:

(I know, I know, ow/w from just an ow or white page CGC'd book - could be just the difference of a good cup of coffee with a grader or how much lovin they got in the sack the night before:)

In my eyes, ow/w books were/are a good median for my collecting.

Obviously it is not like some of the greats here: Captain Tripps, Ghost Town, Minty-Mint & Metheun Man.....but I think a pretty cool feat nonetheless. :wishluck:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=22678

There are two class act fellow DD aficionados I must thank for helping a brother out! - (worship)

Much obliged to Minty Mint and most grateful to Methuen Man. :foryou:

Issue #62 was the last book I needed and here she is: :headbang:

3ECEC7CE-A8FC-4755-9BA7-18053F8C851C_zpspagqjzn8.jpg

I started in 2007, so it has been a pretty long time coming!! :acclaim:

Congrats! :applause: Looks amazing. I am hulk green with jealousy

Congrats! That's some collection! Love the feeling of finishing a long term comic collecting goal.....Then I miss chasing the comics and revising want lists and the feeling you get of crossing another one off the list. It's kinda bitter sweet to finish a set. :cloud9:

You are so right about the actual sense of crossing one off the list.

Because I have an actual hard copy (pencil and paper) where I love putting a line right through the middle when a book arrives.

Totally bittersweet!

It is still fun cause I only have about 15 books or so left to complete #1 - #157 and they are easy to find ones wether raw or slabbed and a lot less money the a lot!!

Thank-you so much man for the congrats!!

Hey Eric,

As you know I rarely ever post except to ask Gemma to add a new title or two to the CGC Registry, but I need to make an exception for you. You have been working on this set for many years and it is great to see you finally completing the very challenging goal of a full 1 - 100 9.4+ run of Daredevil with OWW or White pages.This is truly an outstanding accomplishment.

Congratulations!!!

I also have Spidey #16, #18 and JIM #16 in 9.4 ow/w or better, giving me the first 10 appearances of DD in funny books. :cloud9:

(I know, I know, ow/w from just an ow or white page CGC'd book - could be just the difference of a good cup of coffee with a grader or how much lovin they got in the sack the night before:)

Obviously it is not like some of the greats here: Captain Tripps, Ghost Town, Minty-Mint & Metheun Man.....but I think a pretty cool feat nonetheless. :wishluck:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=22678

There are two class act fellow DD aficionados I must thank for helping a brother out! - (worship)

:applause:

So awesome. What a funny book to be the last piece of the puzzle. The books in the 60s are super hard, so that part makes sense, but still, you just never know what it will be.

Hey Eric,

As you know I rarely ever post except to ask Gemma to add a new title or two to the CGC Registry, but I need to make an exception for you. You have been working on this set for many years and it is great to see you finally completing the very challenging goal of a full 1 - 100 9.4+ run of Daredevil with OWW or White pages.This is truly an outstanding accomplishment.

Congratulations!!!

I am so grateful and honestly humbled by your congratulatory post my good Sir. (worship)

I think it was 8 years ago that I sent my first PM to you. Thinking back on my post, I remember a #1 -#100 was basically a pipe dream for me. You have always been so supportive and helpful in my DD collecting and knowledge.

You know more than anyone, the endeavor of collecting a set pertaining to not only about a certain grade quality, but revolving around PQ. Thank-you so much for the support and helping me aquire some books in my grade and PQ requirements. Honestly, without your help - my personal DD goal would not have been accomplished yet.

Thank-you so much.

Best wishes Sir -

Wow man this is unreal! Congrats on the accomplishment!!! Group shot group shot group shot! lol

Thank-you my man! :headbang:

(I actually was wanting to do a group shot with my Wife & Kids, since they are all a part of this quest!! But rounding the troops up and the possible cheesiness outweighed the pic for now!! lol )

:applause:

So awesome. What a funny book to be the last piece of the puzzle. The books in the 60s are super hard, so that part makes sense, but still, you just never know what it will be.

Coming from the DD Brethren who already, is one of the "greats" in his knowledge of and history with DD......but will shortly be amongst the "greats" in his DD set collection! (worship)

Rob you are so right my man, I would have lost a million dollar bet on what book I would think - would be the last piece of my #1 - #100 puzzle!!

Anxiously awaiting the completion of the "Rob Art Review Collection :applause:

Nice work, Eric!

Barton, again getting a congratulatory post from a gentlemen of your prowess - is flat out awesome!! :whee:

Thank-you Sir and thank-you for the correspondences and support through the years aiding my quandaries of DD collecting. (worship)

SilverAgeGuy & Sam I Am -

Guys, I truly appreciate the support and well-wishing! :foryou:

The congrats from family and friends about this is obviously very nice, but they don't understand collecting slabs and all things DD like all you fellow DD admirers and collectors. :headbang: