• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,125 posts in this topic

Hey Eric,

I'm late to the party here but just wanted to give you a shout out for completing your quest. It's totally AWESOME!!!

As you know I'm trying to do something similar so I can relate to just what an achievement it truly is. CONGRATS buddy!!!

(worship)

My gosh man, no apologies needed by you! :makepoint:

Thank-you so very, very much Mike!! (worship)

Like I stated, without your acts of kindness Sir, I would still be on my quest. :foryou:

I wish the best of luck and skill to you on completing "Mike's Museuem Set," as I like to call it! :acclaim:

You take care my man and thank-you so much for your congrats. (thumbs u

Rob - I reposted this, since I think it might get buried and I'd forget...

I was just going through my DD books and came across my Marvel Super Heroes #1 from 10/66. I forgot about this title and even my book, it was one if my earlier DD purchases actually.

It just dawned on me for DD appearances as I was checking the order of DD appearances in my boxes:) (I love my OCD!!:)

Is this book an early Candidate in the list my man?

It is obviously a reprint of #1, but 1966 in Ol Yellow is pretty sweet.

Rob - I reposted this, since I think it might get buried and I'd forget...

I was just going through my DD books and came across my Marvel Super Heroes #1 from 10/66. I forgot about this title and even my book, it was one if my earlier DD purchases actually.

It just dawned on me for DD appearances as I was checking the order of DD appearances in my boxes:) (I love my OCD!!:)

Is this book an early Candidate in the list my man?

It is obviously a reprint of #1, but 1966 in Ol Yellow is pretty sweet.

I think it's worth putting on the list with a note, for sure. It's a reprint but he is on the cover.

Rob it is TOTALLY up to you my man.

You conceived the notion of an actual legit DD appearances being compiled once and for all. Than you acted upon it and created a stellar factual chronological master DD appearance list!

:headbang:

Just wanted to point it out to hear your opinion and technical knowledge on the matter of an early reprint as a true appearance or quasi appearance of DD.

Rob it is TOTALLY up to you my man.

You conceived the notion of an actual legit DD appearance being compiled once and for all. Than you acted upon it and created a stellar factual chronological master DD appearance list!

:headbang:

Just wanted to point it out to hear your opinion and technical knowledge on the matter of an early reprint as a true appearance or quasi appearance of DD.

It's great info, I can't wait to get everything sorted out. It'll end up taking a couple of weeks in between everything else.

And... who scored in the Pedigree auction tonight? I won three, the #20, the #31 and... the #7. I'm really interested in seeing the #7 in hand as it really looks like a 9.4 to me- especially when compared to some of the other #7s out there.

The Daredevils in this auction were great, so hopefully everyone scored some beauts.

I now need 3.5 books for the full 1-157 set: #1, (.2 points on the #7 in a resub,) #66 and #86. Chapeau to whoever won the #66 today.

Edited by rob_react

You won the #7?! Congrats! :applause::applause:

It was way out of my league. :(

I would have probably bid on the #20 and a few others that ended really cheap, but forgot the auctions were ending tonight. :boo:

You won the #7?! Congrats! :applause::applause:

It was way out of my league. :(

I would have probably bid on the #20 and a few others that ended really cheap, but forgot the auctions were ending tonight. :boo:

I'm really happy with the price I paid for both the #20 and the #31. I paid the same I've paid for the surrounding numbers which is just wrong as both of those books have been tougher over the past few years. The last... #31? went for like $700 so I feel like I got it for free.

The #7 is a great copy and I honestly think it's as good as some of the 9.4s. I didn't bid 9.4 money on it, but I bid what I thought was a fair number for a "9.3" type book. I'll see what it looks like in-hand to see if it's worth sending back in and taking a shot. Even if it's not I think it's a great book for that slot.

Well, I just made my first entry into the silver age DD world with this beauty. One day I hope to own all the yellow costume appearances (though #1 might take a while)!

2whjotc.jpg

congrats. thats my favorite DD cover

And... who scored in the Pedigree auction tonight? I won three, the #20, the #31 and... the #7. I'm really interested in seeing the #7 in hand as it really looks like a 9.4 to me- especially when compared to some of the other #7s out there.

The Daredevils in this auction were great, so hopefully everyone scored some beauts.

I now need 3.5 books for the full 1-157 set: #1, (.2 points on the #7 in a resub,) #66 and #86. Chapeau to whoever won the #66 today.

I picked up two DDs from the collection and for very cheap.

1) Daredevil #45 VF- 7.5 White Canarsie Collection

2) Daredevil #58 QUALIFIED NM 9.4 White Canarsie Collection (popped staple but for what I paid for it...who cares!)

Congrats on that #7!

I picked up two DDs from the collection and for very cheap.

1) Daredevil #45 VF- 7.5 White Canarsie Collection

2) Daredevil #58 QUALIFIED NM 9.4 White Canarsie Collection (popped staple but for what I paid for it...who cares!)

Congrats on that #7!

Congrats to both of you!

Am just seeing this so thought I would volunteer that I picked two DDs as well, both from the Canarsie Collection:

1) Daredevil #22 cgc 9.6

2) Daredevil #66 cgc 9.4

I'm especially happy with the 22:

B63Cwg.jpg