• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,115 posts in this topic

Colan was at HeroesCon 2 years ago... I got him, Marv Wolfman, and Roy Thomas to sign my ToD#1, but I didn't get any DD's... I hope he comes back so I can go back with my stack of Daredevil.

He's definitely showing his ago a bit, but I was incredibly lukcy. After the Tomb of Dracula panel, I was starting to walk out, and he stopped me on the way out asking how to get to his table. I was more than a little starstruck and was afraid I didn't have the information he wanted, but I tried and got to walk through the convention hall with him back to his artist's table.

He incredibly nice, and it was great to meet him. At the time, he and Marv were working on their Simpsons Treehouse of Horror issue, and he had all the original art for their story there. Beautiful stuff.

Man, I wish I'd had my wits about me a little bit more so I could have said something other than, "uh... uh... right this way... follow me as I walk far to fast for a man who has trouble walking trying to follow me." I blew that one, but it was still really cool. :)

Issue date is 3/70, so that makes it Bronze Age, but it bumps the thread so what the heck. (thumbs u Daredelil6296WesternPenn.jpg

It's a beautiful book and I wouldn't worry about it.

In most people's opinions, it's not Bronze until Conan the Barbarian #1 (and frankly, for me, I lump all those early seventies 15¢ books in with the best of the tail end of Silver).

Issue date is 3/70, so that makes it Bronze Age, but it bumps the thread so what the heck. (thumbs u Daredelil6296WesternPenn.jpg

It's a beautiful book and I wouldn't worry about it.

In most people's opinions, it's not Bronze until Conan the Barbarian #1 (and frankly, for me, I lump all those early seventies 15¢ books in with the best of the tail end of Silver).

Thanks!

Decided I want to start collecting Daredevil...I'll be going for #1 - #100 to start off with...so hopefully I'll be revisiting this thread in the coming weeks/months :shy:

See my announcement in the Sales thread...not sure if I'm going to be ready for this weekend, but will update the announcement on Friday...