• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,122 posts in this topic

You guys talking about how many books you need to finish your runs always makes me jealous :) I only have one DD slab, #6 in a 6.0 , but I have been collecting and got a fair amount from 100-300 raw. Just went to a comic store I hadn't been to before and saw they had a half off section and so I picked up 39, 55, 79, 85 (with a beauty of a date stamp) 109, 112, 122, 123 and two 149's (by accident) for about $45 bucks!

20391367918_633dc28bbb_b.jpg

A new cover on my poor copy of Daredevil 1. Now it looks good with my other favs.

those are awesome.

what do you mean by "new cover"? Is it a reproduction cover?

That is a reproduction cover purchased on ebay from comixs04 and it covers my 3/4 cover copy of Daredevil 1. :headbang:

Edited by BB-Gun

Holy Horn Heads...

Rob, you are my kind of collector. Everything feels perfect...registration, centering, page quality, color, gloss. I love it, love it!

Congrats on a great run so far,

Dan

Rob that is fricken awesome!!!

Man those are some gorgeous books!!

Thanks for sharing!

It's been fun to do. I'd love to get them all photographed and up on the site.

Maybe in the dead of winter I can finally do this too....

But your copies show such "curb appeal" if you will, that I'd rather look at yours!!

Best of luck on finishing hopefully your keeper DD set, once and for all my fellow DD aficionado.

Holy Horn Heads...

Rob, you are my kind of collector. Everything feels perfect...registration, centering, page quality, color, gloss. I love it, love it!

Congrats on a great run so far,

Dan

Thanks! It's been fun for me to look at them from that perspective. I'm really happy with the overall quality and clicking through the whole list really brings that home.

Rob that is fricken awesome!!!

Man those are some gorgeous books!!

Thanks for sharing!

It's been fun to do. I'd love to get them all photographed and up on the site.

Maybe in the dead of winter I can finally do this too....

But your copies show such "curb appeal" if you will, that I'd rather look at yours!!

Best of luck on finishing hopefully your keeper DD set, once and for all my fellow DD aficionado.

It might be the dead of winter before I can finish sharing my own run. I'm going to have to scan the books I subbed as well as the books from Pedigree, HighGradeComics and eBay books myself. Of course if I'm celebrating finishing this run, it might be a little bit more fun than it sounds like right now.

Edited by rob_react

Hi Rob, do you go to the trouble of pressing your raws before slabbing them? Do you have a reader set in mylars to look at also? Other than the registry, looking at them close up bagged and boarded is pretty neat also.

I don't have readers. I have had the whole run raw before, so that's something I've experienced. It's pretty cool to be able to go through them like that.

None of the books I've submitted for my Daredevil run have been pressed by me (I'm sure some of them have been pressed!) Most of the books I've submitted were earlier on in building my run when I could go to a con, dig through boxes and spot decent candidates out of a list of like, 50 or 100 books. These days, that would take a small miracle for the small number of books I have left. To that point: I am actually going to submit two books that are being worked on right now. I have a 122 that had a weird crumple that was able to be pressed out and the 69 I have that went from a Voldemort 9.4 to a CGC 9.2 on resub.

Hi Rob, do you go to the trouble of pressing your raws before slabbing them? Do you have a reader set in mylars to look at also? Other than the registry, looking at them close up bagged and boarded is pretty neat also.

I don't have readers. I have had the whole run raw before, so that's something I've experienced. It's pretty cool to be able to go through them like that.

None of the books I've submitted for my Daredevil run have been pressed by me (I'm sure some of them have been pressed!) Most of the books I've submitted were earlier on in building my run when I could go to a con, dig through boxes and spot decent candidates out of a list of like, 50 or 100 books. These days, that would take a small miracle for the small number of books I have left. To that point: I am actually going to submit two books that are being worked on right now. I have a 122 that had a weird crumple that was able to be pressed out and the 69 I have that went from a Voldemort 9.4 to a CGC 9.2 on resub.

My set is a combo of raw/cgc/(other 3rd party) books. I haven't bothered to sub any books or resub the other 3rd party books for financial reasons. I want to crack out the slabs, but it would be easier to sell them later in the slab if I needed to for any reason. It would be nice to slab also like you have for the registry, but financially that takes a lot as well. I just have to be satisfied with having as high grade collection as I can.

I think it would be relatively easy to get a reader set though, not that you need to. I have all the comics in digital form and love to read them on the iPad.

Love your set by the way :headbang:

Great work with the scans.

Well about ready to leave for the Chicago show :whee:

I've got multiple copies of the 6 remaining DD books to drop off with Matt and or CGC. (Also about 15 Gold Key, Animated TMNT and Dell books)

My fingers are crossed for Sunday to see at least one of each book making my 9.4 ow/w grade or better. :wishluck:

Wearing another DD shirt to bring me good luck like they have done the two years prior!! :headbang:

C85D61E5-2306-44E6-B66D-027DC24FB50A_zpsw5flnulc.jpg