• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,122 posts in this topic

This was the first Thursday that seemed exactly like a Friday. Crowd quantity & crowd quality wise.

- Picked up a sweet NM DD #108 from Storms before going over to CGC's booth to sub my books.

Thank-you Bob!

- Not a routine Thursday if I don't meet up with Mr. Captain Tripps. Always nice seeing Doug and talking the Dead & Funny Books. Unfortunately couldn't hang long, I had to get going to talk to my eldest son about his first day of 1st grade:) Hopefully see you Sunday!

- It is never a complete Thursday if I don't see Rick, Mr. HG Dell/FC to me, with One Stop Comics. I have Rick to thank for more than a 1/3 of my Ben Bowie set. Not to mention my Scarecrow of Romney Marsh #2 and many other rare NM=>+ Dell/FC and Gold Keys. I will be picking a couple more this weekend from the man!!

- Last but not least, got to meet up again with a super nice Boardie and owner of Sharp Comics, Bradley. Some AWESOME SS books!! We both didn't recognize each other, it has been 4 years, but upon talking HG SS TMNTs....it all came back. Bradley and company are truly SS gurus imho. I'll be seeing you Sunday my man, thank-you so much for having a look see and telling me your professional opinion on my book. Hopefully Mikey will still be there too on Sunday!!:)

As for my DD goodness,

Though I did not get a grand slam and finish out my DD #1 - #158 in CGC 9.4 ow/w or better run/set.......upon receiving these 5 books back from CCS=>CGC.......I only have 1 book left until completion!! :whee:

sig.jpg

I wanted to thank Bob Storms for selling me his NM #108 when the doors opened on Thursday along with, Quality Comix, Greg Reece and WW Comics for being damnn near spot on with their their grading, pertaining to these books I've bought from them the past few months. :applause:

E390AAE2-802F-444D-9A72-058F910BB5E3_zpsbh49k0cf.jpg

Yeah - pretty much!! lol

I'm actually totally geeked 5 of 6 actually made the grade that I thought or hoped.

Kinda just a neat and surreal feeling after almost ten years, to now just be down to one book for my longest slabbed HG run.

How is your quest going my man?

As for my DD goodness,

Though I did not get a grand slam and finish out my DD #1 - #158 in CGC 9.4 ow/w or better run/set.......upon receiving these 5 books back from CCS=>CGC.......I only have 1 book left until completion!! :whee:

sig.jpg

I wanted to thank Bob Storms for selling me his NM #108 when the doors opened on Thursday along with, Quality Comix, Greg Reece and WW Comics for being damnn near spot on with their their grading, pertaining to these books I've bought from them the past few months. :applause:

E390AAE2-802F-444D-9A72-058F910BB5E3_zpsbh49k0cf.jpg

awesome pickups.

Ummm 9.2's are still pretty sweet.

Thank-you so much.

Any DD book is sweet! Don't get me wrong, 9.2s are super super sweet!!

But for my personal collecting parameters (my personal quirks and OCD standards) that I have not wavered on since day one. At times, getting a 9.2 back from CGC after a lot thought, time and money, - can be like falling a foot short of a marathon finish

Yeah - pretty much!! lol

I'm actually totally geeked 5 of 6 actually made the grade that I thought or hoped.

Kinda just a neat and surreal feeling after almost ten years, to now just be down to one book for my longest slabbed HG run.

How is your quest going my man?

I just subbed a 122 and a 69. The #122 is a complete hole I'd be filling (i'd be solid from 87-157) and the 69 is (hopefully!) an upgrade on the 9.2 it got when it went to CGC the first time.

If those come through? I have holes at 1,55,and 86 and need to upgrade 7 and 72.

The home stretch is near!

It is neat seeing in the handful of what Boardies have left and comparing it to your own last few books.

For a fact 4-7 years ago, the last say 10 books I needed, seemed like a dime a dozen and they'd always be the case. Well it wasn't for me! lol!! More than half were the ones I've been struggling with creating or obtaining. You gotta just love life and roll with the punches.

69 is a toughy to find, when the movie was announced that didn't help matters.

If it wasn't for Mintymint - I'd still be subbing and looking.