• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,122 posts in this topic

Killer spine, for sure. I'm really excited to see how it does. Hopefully it will be an outrageous, head-scratching result.

Of course, since it's a book I'm selling and not a book I'm buying it'll probably sell for $20.

I totally hear you my man!!

It's an INCREDIBLE copy Rob, it will do well.

(Was in my top ten hardest DD books to create or find already slabbed, in NM or better)

Could have been the year I was looking, but it still was so hard to find any worthy for subbing or for sale or auction)

I love the description.

"This pristine CGC 9.8 Near Mint/Mint is the highest graded, and is 1 of only 3 examples for which CGC has ever assigned this stunning top grade. As such, DD #69 is one of the rarest issues in 9.8 from this period of the run, and it has been more than 3 years since we've seen one. Further enhancing its desirability, CGC has assigned its near perfect page quality designation, Off-White to White Pages. "

That's why I do it.

I love the description.

"This pristine CGC 9.8 Near Mint/Mint is the highest graded, and is 1 of only 3 examples for which CGC has ever assigned this stunning top grade. As such, DD #69 is one of the rarest issues in 9.8 from this period of the run, and it has been more than 3 years since we've seen one. Further enhancing its desirability, CGC has assigned its near perfect page quality designation, Off-White to White Pages. "

That's why I do it.

(worship)

I love the description.

That's why I do it.

(worship)

:applause:

By the way...

I pulled the trigger on this tonight. It was expensive, but less expensive than the last #55 9.4 that sold at ComicConnect (that went for over $900) so I don't feel all that bad about it.

I'm now down to 2 holes (#1 and #86) and 3 upgrades (#7,#72 and Annual #3) for the 1-157 set in 9.4 or better.

158516.jpg.0c8945632949237315e0632bb009a80d.jpg

By the way...

I pulled the trigger on this tonight. It was expensive, but less expensive than the last #55 9.4 that sold at ComicConnect (that went for over $900) so I don't feel all that bad about it.

I'm now down to 2 holes (#1 and #86) and 3 upgrades (#7,#72 and Annual #3) for the 1-157 set in 9.4 or better.

Wanna try for a 9.8...?

:grin:

By the way...

Wanna try for a 9.8...?

:grin:

Maybe not with this one, but I'm sure your powers will be called on for at least one of the above slots. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

That #55 cover is striking. Very nice. Might have to put it higher atop my priority buying list.

Yeah, it's a great cover. I can't wait to get the book in hand. I think the scan is a little light so it's going to be even nicer in person.

Holy craap!

$900 for a 9.4!!! WOW!!!

And I thought I bought some high priced +#50 issues!!

A nice #86 is bound to be coming forth soon.

Any in the pipeline? Or any #72s or Annual #3s in the works Rob?

$975 http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=537141 I won five books in that auction and just watched that #55 spiral away from me. I think I bowed out at like $500.

I have faith an 86 will show up at some point. I'm going to go full-court press on trying to find one since it's the last hole (other than #1 which is easier to source if much more expensive.) I don't have anything in the pipeline. I don't have anything for the #72 or the Annual #3 either. I don't mind the 72 as much as it's just a 9.2 but it's Western Penn, I think upgrading the Annual #3 is going to be beast There's one 9.8, six 9.6s and two 9.4s. That's tougher than 86 (one 9.8, four 9.6s and seven 9.4s)

I have faith an 86 will show up at some point. I'm going to go full-court press on trying to find one since it's the last hole (other than #1 which is easier to source if much more expensive.) I don't have anything in the pipeline. I don't have anything for the #72 or the Annual #3 either. I don't mind the 72 as much as it's just a 9.2 but it's Western Penn, I think upgrading the Annual #3 is going to be beast There's one 9.8, six 9.6s and two 9.4s. That's tougher than 86 (one 9.8, four 9.6s and seven 9.4s)

I paid a nutty price for my #86 in a Comic Connect Auction. Though I can't say I regret it too much. On the other hand, I bought my for my Annual #3 for $20 in 1998. I paid more to slab it.

QqMUB3.jpg

W3D7Gx.jpg