• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CL's October Golden Age auction looks to be a good one...

361 posts in this topic

The Marvel Mystery 9 9.0 that Grimstar has referred to is the Chicago copy, originally part of the White Rose collection, and was slabbed as an 8.0. Sold twice thru Heritage as an 8.0 in '03 and '04 then shows up on another website, and sold, as a 9.0 with a 60k price.

Jive Turkey:

I'm new to the Boards, but have been collecting high grade timelies for about 5 years.

I might be interested in parting with Subby #1 & #2, both CGC 8.5 unrestored.

Welcome to the Boards and thanks for the offer. I'll probably settle for a nice mid grade Subby # 1 when the time comes to buy one.

I have a CGC 6.5 waiting for you!!! hi.gif

The Marvel Mystery 9 9.0 that Grimstar has referred to is the Chicago copy, originally part of the White Rose collection, and was slabbed as an 8.0. Sold twice thru Heritage as an 8.0 in '03 and '04 then shows up on another website, and sold, as a 9.0 with a 60k price.

Oy.

I can tell you that the book is gorgeous and is a solid 9.0.

I'm sure it is now. hi.gif

Welcome to the boards Steve. You'll be a great contributor to this GA section without doubt!

Would you be willing to reveal who you purchased the book from (if you know, not sure if it was a CL purchase)?

Jive Turkey:

I'm new to the Boards, but have been collecting high grade timelies for about 5 years.

I might be interested in parting with Subby #1 & #2, both CGC 8.5 unrestored.

Welcome to the Boards and thanks for the offer. I'll probably settle for a nice mid grade Subby # 1 when the time comes to buy one. As for your # 2, I assume its the same one on Comiclink (the only 8.5 on the census)? Nice book to be sure, and something I might be interested in down the line.

Oops. My bad. Sorry JiveTurkey. For some reason I had thought you had already responded before I wrote or I would've waited to ask about the book.

Jay Parrino

Ah, you definitely paid more! makepoint.gifpoke2.gif

Any clue where the provenance of ownership before then?

Mark Wilson bought it from a Heritage auction in Feb of '04 for $42,550. Soon after, it appeared on his site(still as an 8.0) for 60K.

Jay Parrino

Ah, you definitely paid more! makepoint.gifpoke2.gif

Any clue where the provenance of ownership before then?

Mark Wilson bought it from a Heritage auction in Feb of '04 for $42,550. Soon after, it appeared on his site(still as an 8.0) for 60K.

So was it Heritage to Wilson to Parrino to Grimstar?

I wonder if Bill Hughes was the intermediary to buy it for Parrino? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif