• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CL's October Golden Age auction looks to be a good one...

361 posts in this topic

Over the past little while I've had a few complaints about the way CL does business. However, today I was pleasantly surprised by their follow up to a book I bid for that failed to meet the reserve. I received an E-mail from them indicating how far apart my bid was from the reserve leaving the ball in my court about what to do next. I gave them my best bid, understanding that they are also e-mailing the underbidder. Whether I buy the book or not is insignificant. Their contacting me after the auction was a pleasant surprise and leaves me with a better opinion of their customer service.

thumbsup2.gif

Over the past little while I've had a few complaints about the way CL does business. However, today I was pleasantly surprised by their follow up to a book I bid for that failed to meet the reserve. I received an E-mail from them indicating how far apart my bid was from the reserve leaving the ball in my court about what to do next. I gave them my best bid, understanding that they are also e-mailing the underbidder. Whether I buy the book or not is insignificant. Their contacting me after the auction was a pleasant surprise and leaves me with a better opinion of their customer service.

thumbsup2.gif

hello all...

I must say that I have had a ton of dealings with Josh and Clink, and to his credit, he has been outstanding in the service department with us ...just wanted to throw a kudos his way, since it is well earned...

rick

Well, i'm happy that I picked up the Crippen Tec #50 yay.gif.. My first Pedigree book ever smile.gif

Tec50.jpg

Congratulations! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I would suggest you print the article about Dennis Crippen on the Heritage Website and keep it with your copy.

I would suggest you print the article about Dennis Crippen on the Heritage Website and keep it with your copy.

"Davis". gossip.gif

tonofbricks.gif Another good reason to print out the article.

"Davis". gossip.gif

tonofbricks.gif Another good reason to print out the article.

Where do I go to print it out?

http://comics.heritageauctions.com/commo...ion&stage=1

There was also the WSJ article that was posted in the General Forum.

Here it is with pictures! Link

So it seems like Superhero books sold for good prices, yet non-superhero books did not. Is that the consensus?

I was able to pick up several GGA books, and couple of Sci-Fi for under GPA (a few considerably under GPA).

So it seems like Superhero books sold for good prices, yet non-superhero books did not. Is that the consensus?

I was able to pick up several GGA books, and couple of Sci-Fi for under GPA (a few considerably under GPA).

Yes, thats a good roundabout assessment. thumbsup2.gif

I'm actually thrilled with my purchases. Two of the books I purchased were very special, though perhaps only to me. cloud9.gif

Thanks for the links guys on the info to the Crippen Collection.. Doesn't all Crippen books come with a Certificate of Authenticity stating that it was from the collection? Or should I say all pedigree books have COA?

These Crippen books from Heritage have a COA, but probably most of the GA pedigrees don't. The earlier Crippen books were known as the D collection and don't have COAs.

Thanks for the links guys on the info to the Crippen Collection.. Doesn't all Crippen books come with a Certificate of Authenticity stating that it was from the collection? Or should I say all pedigree books have COA?

These Crippen books from Heritage have a COA, but probably most of the GA pedigrees don't. The earlier Crippen books were known as the D collection and don't have COAs.

Oh I see. Yea, since back then they didn't know what the "D" copies meant until recently. Is there any way at all to get a certificate?

Oh I see. Yea, since back then they didn't know what the "D" copies meant until recently. Is there any way at all to get a certificate?

Not really, unless you want to make one up yourself. From your questions, it sounds like you are thinking that the hobby tracks pedigrees more formally than we do. There have been a couple threads showing where even CGC has made a mistakes (not indicating a book is pedigree when it is or indicating that it is a pedigree when it isn't) because of the informal tracking. There's an issue of Comic Book Marketplace devoted to pedigrees that you should probably pick up if you want more information. I'll get you the issue number later today.

CBM 31 is the one I suggest that you get.

There's a new thread in the General forum about pedigrees. I tried to find one of the more interesting older threads about GA pedigrees but I don't seem to have bookmarked it.

Intro to Pedigrees