• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any One Interested in a MYSTERY IN SPACE Collecting Thread?

648 posts in this topic

In the interest of keeping this thread on page 1, I offer the following ... it's not a comic, bu as an MIS lover it's pretty great. :luhv:

mystery_in_space_66_castrillo_sm.jpg

The recreation's by Anthony Castrillo. I'd say he did a great job. And here's the original:

mystery_in_space_66_sm.jpg

Definitely one of my favorite of the early DC sci fi covers. Luckily I have a nice copy or I'd be even more jealous!

mysteryinspace4.jpg

mysteryinspace47.jpg

Hands down one of the best DC sci-fi covers.

Great cover indeed.

Has anyone ever made a list of Silver Age DC sci fi covers where the earth is being moved or pulled by aliens, tractor beams, spaceships etc. It seems like it was pretty much a subgenre at the time.

Definitely one of my favorite of the early DC sci fi covers. Luckily I have a nice copy or I'd be even more jealous!

mysteryinspace4.jpg

NICE.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Paid too much for this but I've really wanted this issue for a long time and haven't had much luck finding a reasonably priced decent copy. It has one of my all-time favorite sci-fi covers, not to mention a beautiful interior story by Murphy Anderson about a mission to a distant planet.

MIS47-1.jpg

Nice one man. I gotta get started on the pre-Adam Strange issues. I think the only one I have is #50.

Yep, lot's of good things to look forward to there. They get progressively harder to come by as you get back into the 30's.