• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any One Interested in a MYSTERY IN SPACE Collecting Thread?

648 posts in this topic

Ze-man has a decent raw copy of MIS #53 the 1st Adam Strange appearance in MIS in the board sales threads.

Alanna had a ton of decent mid-grade raws there as well.

It's been tough seeing these amazing covers and not being able to buy them all.

I agree this is a great collection to start.

I wonder, is there an Adam Strange movie in the wings?

There's a designated forum for want lists: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=60&page=1

You're free to start a new thread or just post books in any one of the many existing threads. Go for it!

There's a designated forum for want lists: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=60&page=1

You're free to start a new thread or just post books in any one of the many existing threads. Go for it!

Another feature that many Forumites find convenient is the "signature line" that you can add and edit using the "my profile" function. Many put their want lists there so it shows up on every post they make. GOD BLESS..

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Another feature that many Forumites find convenient is the "signature line" that you can add and edit using the "my profile" function. Many put their want lists there so it shows up on every post they make. GOD BLESS..

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Sig Lines only show up for people who set their display for them to be viewed -- many Boardies have them turned off. The best option is probably a post in the WTB and your Sig Line.

Here's a scan of my Mystery in Space 56. It's not as nice as my 54 but still good enough to remain in my collection:

MysteryinSpace56.jpg

My 61 and 64 are both from the Dallas Stephens Collection and are exquisite:

MysteryinSpace61Dallas.jpg

MysteryinSpace64Dallas.jpg

:cloud9:

MIS55.jpg

Nice copy - but just like Green Lantern 8 I think it's a hideously ugly cover, so much so that it's a low priority for me.

It's a pity that so many of the earlier links to pics are gone in this thread.

:(

Here is the Slabodian copy of #62. In person, the blue and purple jump off the cover. This scanner makes everything look faded. It is an HP Photosmart C4180. Anyone else use this or have any advise on getting better scans? I tried increasing the saturation on this scan but it did not really help.

Ken

mis62.jpg

Nice! I need a better copy of that book.

Not a Mystery in Space, but it does have Adam Strange.

And it should be in the running for one of DC's top Silver Age covers...

showcase19.jpg

Great copy, but I have just never liked Gil Kane's take on Adam Strange and especially Alanna. Kane's Alanna looked fat compared with Carmine Infantino's rendering.

In the interest of keeping this thread on page 1, I offer the following ... it's not a comic, bu as an MIS lover it's pretty great. :luhv:

mystery_in_space_66_castrillo_sm.jpg

The recreation's by Anthony Castrillo. I'd say he did a great job.

I agree! The characters all look better than on the Infantino original.

(thumbs u

MIS55.jpg

Nice copy - but just like Green Lantern 8 I think it's a hideously ugly cover, so much so that it's a low priority for me.

It's a pity that so many of the earlier links to pics are gone in this thread.

GL 8 and MIS 55 ugly???!!!? Now that's a minority opinion! But to each their own. hm

Here's a scan of my Mystery in Space 56. It's not as nice as my 54 but still good enough to remain in my collection:

MysteryinSpace56.jpg

My 61 and 64 are both from the Dallas Stephens Collection and are exquisite:

MysteryinSpace61Dallas.jpg

MysteryinSpace64Dallas.jpg

:cloud9:

Three more beauties. How many are you missing?

Three more beauties. How many are you missing?

Many:

53 55 56 57 58 59 60 62 63 65 66 67 68 69 70 72 74 76 78 100

with 62 68 74 78 the ones I want the most on an aesthetic basis.

Of course I have quite a few as well therefore!

Books are difficult to find in the condition that I want, and not necessarily affordable every day either. I've found that the Mystery in Space title is particularly difficult, even more so than Flash, Green Lantern or even Wonder Woman books of the same age.

I don't focus in on just a few titles though. I have dozens of different titles on my want list whuch I just keep pecking away at steadily.

:cool: