• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any One Interested in a MYSTERY IN SPACE Collecting Thread?

648 posts in this topic

This is the White Mountain copy. I had already posted it in this thread a while back, but here it is again. Not a NM copy, but very nice. It actually looks better in hand.

Ken

mis48.jpg

Gorgeous!!! :applause:

I like that cover a lot as well and it doesn't show up in decent shape very often. I finally pulled the trigger on the WM copy Marnin had on his site about six months ago and am happy to have it. Just a tough, cool book.

Ken

I'd love to see the WM copy!

How is Marnin doing these days? Back in the 90's I was dealing so much with him that I practically had my employer automatically send a portion of my paycheck to him directly!

He is a super-stickler for HG stuff and I bought a lot from his MASS. collection.

Those are really nice books..nice runs of Rawhide Kid/Two-Gun/Kid Colt, SSWS, Doom Patrol and a few pre-heros! Too bad I wasent turned onto DC Sci-Fi at the time...

Bill

Bill,

I haven't spoken to him in a while. I remember in the 90's when he put ads in the CBG and I started buying MASS copies of his Flash run :cloud9: . Back then I was blown away by the condition of those books. Then a few years ago when he put all the WM sci-fi books up on his site, I made sure to pick up a few must have books that are just impossible to find in high grade. I paid a high price, but don't have any regrets.

Ken

Unfortunately, you're only encouraging him. :baiting:

Probably true :cry:. However he still has a large selection of WM books that I did not even consider because the prices were just too high in my opinion. The books I bought were ones that I had been searching for for years in high grade without any luck.

Ken

Probably true :cry:. However he still has a large selection of WM books that I did not even consider because the prices were just too high in my opinion. The books I bought were ones that I had been searching for for years in high grade without any luck.

Ken

Just a little editing.

any books I keep for me, will remain raw and enjoyed, but a couple of these have shots at pretty high cgc grades, so, based on the PM's I am getting, might test that route too (thumbs u

any books I keep for me, will remain raw and enjoyed, but a couple of these have shots at pretty high cgc grades, so, based on the PM's I am getting, might test that route too (thumbs u

Those sweet copies of 64 and 67 are great examples of SA that is truly rare in high grade, and would certainly be near the top of the census. (thumbs u

That's a really nice copy of 74 also. Believe it or not, the top census grade is the 9.0 I just received for the Sid's Luncheonette copy purchased from the original owner, Harry Banks/Burntboy.

mis64-1.jpg

Speaking from a completely unbiased standpoint, those are some really classy books! (thumbs u

mis64-1.jpg

Speaking from a completely unbiased standpoint, those are some really classy books! (thumbs u

well, I would be lying if you didn't influence me a bit on these :foryou: